ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to buy/which 172 cams?

RX7, Yaris T-Sport
I'm disappointed with the mid range torque in my 172 and I have a 182 manifold at home ready to go on soon.
However a set of cams from K-Tec are expensive, but are they worth it?
Or where else is the best place to get a set of performance cams for my car?
I have an oil leak out of my Rocker Cover anyway so planning on doing the cams whilst the cover is off.
Also would you recommend a sports cat or a decat pipe from K-Tec to go with the 182 manifold?

Thanks
Steve

RX7, Yaris T-Sport
Oh yea I know all the fitting info on the cat, but K-Tec do a sports cat and a decat to go between the 182 manifold and 172 cat back just wondering which is best overall like sound, power etc

RX7, Yaris T-Sport
Anyone else running different cams in their Clios or have any experience or knowledge or any reasonably priced suppliers.

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
imo the gains with cams on a relatively standard engine are disappointing for the outlay, but if you are going to get them Cat Cams 0428's are a good mile road cam. Avoid the 0420's as they are effectively standard billet cams and offer no real gains.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Just hold your horses a little longer till matts super cup inlet set up is released.