ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to clean fuel injectors?

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
So after being a complete idiot and taking my wiring loom to pieces I eventually found that the real reason my clio is running on 3 cylinders is probably a clogged fuel injector.

So the injectors are off the car and I was thinking of using an injector cleaning by post service. Does anybody have any recommendations? Here a a couple of places i found after a google.

http://www.injectorcleaning.co.uk/post.htm
http://injectortune.co.uk/Injector_Cleaning.html

Westy. MX5
it's a good idea to have them cleaned and tested. Choose a mail order company which has a telephone contact number in case you need to call them and ring them to see if they answer. Definitley pay the bit extra for secure posting, too many parcels go missing these days.

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
I got my injectors back this morning and the faulty injector had a knackered solenoid so can't be fixed by cleaning, apparently one of the others has a solenoid on the way out too.
So I am in the market for 2 (or maybe 4) injectors if anybody has any or knows where to buy some then please let me know.

I am a bit cheesed off that injectortune didn't contact me to let me know about the unfixable faults. It would have been much better for me if they sourced new/refurnished injectors and tested those so I then had confidence of knowing I have 4 good matching injectors, rather than me trying to find another 2 and hoping that the flows match.

Another lesson learned is to test the resistance of the injectors before you pay to have them cleaned. I did do this and got some inf and some 15 Ohm readings on the faulty injector, I mistakenly thought that the inf readings were due to the mechanism somehow but it must have just been an intermittent contact in the faulty solenoid.

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
I just ordered 2 injectors from Mr. Injector for £25 each. Injectortune had actually sent me an email saying they dont have replacement injectors in stock but will refund me for servicing of 2 of the injectors so that is very good service from them.

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
The Saga continues. I get two injectors from Mr injector, although I am not 100% happy with them, there are some little spots of rust on the pintels which suggests to me they have been hanging around for ages and/or the pintels have not been renewed, the seals look used too. They dont come with a flow report either.
I stick all the injectors on the car anyway but I am missing a retaining clip so I can't even fire the car up...