ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to get a 172 head from?

Hello all im new to the Renault scene and ive started by purchasing a 2002 172 sport. I bought it as a non runner and found out it needs a new head as the exhaust cam had picked up and knocked all the valves out. Also it has damaged a hydraulic lifter hole which is why i need to replace the head.

Is there any where i can get a replacement head from? They seem to be hard to get and good old ebay isnt really stacked with them. Any advice/info would be great. Im in the London area :D

Thanks

172 cup- suzu rf600r
have a look in the forsales im sure i saw one for sale a couple days ago,

failing that breakers

330i. E30 Touring.
You have to pay to be a club member.

I've got a Ph1 172 head (bigger exhaust ports than the Ph2) that needs new valves, etc. £50 takes it. :) Oh, I'm in Chertsey, too.

Id rather buy a complete head ready to go if possible because I need a new cam shaft to. Do the ph1 heads fit on the later engines then? what years do the ph1's cover? do all the ph2 ancilleries bolt on the same?