ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to shop for brake fluid

Focus RS
Putting some goodridge brake lines on and just need to get some brake fluid now, want the AP racing dot 5.1 and just wondered where to shop for this, am i right in saying i cant just pop down my local motor spares place. Just looked on demon tweeks who stock it but want £8 delivery. So anywhere in the W.Mids area to collect or any other cheaper online shop anybody knows of would be great.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You could try GSF carparts . There are 3 branches down your way . They don't have it online but always worth a call .

http://www.gsfcarparts.com/

Birmingham
Unit 21-24,
The Fort Industrial Park,
Dunlop Way,
Birmingham,
B35 7AR
0121 626 7970

Smethwick
Unit 5 Oldbury Road
Smethwick
Birmingham
West Midlands
B66 1NU
0121 565 6340

GSF Coventry
Unit4, Central City Industrial Estate
Red Lane
Coventry
CV6 5RY
024 7666 9988

don't really need 5.1, but if you do make sure you flush all of the dot 4 out, as the 2 can't mix.

I dont think you could tell a difference between cheap dot4 or the premium stuff. I havnt done a comparison myself but looking at specs i had a choice between comma and castrol and the extra cost didnt justify the tiny benefit. Although im sure others will disagree

5.1 only really worth it on track cars to much maintanence otherwise

VRS
i got mine from yozza, hes not far from you fella

just put the ap 5.1 fluid in mine with brembo max, moquip lines and carbon lorraines and its awesome stuff :D