ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheres my 6speed box in my 182

was on the renault.com site looking at the 182, and found this spec.

"Sculpted for enjoyment, Clio Renault Sport 2.0 16V has flowing lines and a central twin exhaust. The car offers enthusiasts a special sport chassis and exterior features that underscore its aerodynamic styling and thoroughbred character. It combines a sporty feel with elegance in a compact vehicle.

The sports-style seats offer perfect support for absolute comfort. The customized climate control, radio-CD player and cruise control-speed limiter help to make both everyday driving and longer trips pleasant and comfortable.

With its specially designed six-speed gearbox and wide tyres for improved traction, Clio Renault Sport boasts best-in-class acceleration. The low-slung body also contributes to responsiveness.

Clio Renault Sport combines sports-car performance with maximum safety. For improved visibility, it is fitted with Xenon headlamps and headlamp washers. Braking is powerful, fast and safe whatever the circumstances, thanks to ABS, ESP, and the ASR traction control system. Four airbags give occupants the best possible protection in the event of an impact.

Renault Clio Sport is assembled at the Dieppe site, France, which specializes in sports models."

so my question is, how come i havnt got a six speed box.lol might ask my dealer if its been mislaid.lol

I'd agree with 5 forward 1 reverse = 6 speed. Isn't it the same as a 5-door hatchback ? 4 "real" doors plus the boot.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
6 speed- 1,2,3,4,5 drop down to fourth boot it to redline change up to 5th, 7 speed lol

Focus ST
A 5-speed has 5 forward gears, a 6-speed has 6 forward gears. You don't count reverse.

I reckon it could have used a 6 speed because even if you redline it in first and change to second it drops below the 5250rpm valve-timing change, slowing it down.

If your car is '6 speed ' then you don't count reverse as a gear (since when did any one ever drive anywhere in reverse!) :rolleyes:

Da

Less
Lucas said:
A 5-speed has 5 forward gears, a 6-speed has 6 forward gears. You don't count reverse.

I reckon it could have used a 6 speed because even if you redline it in first and change to second it drops below the 5250rpm valve-timing change, slowing it down.
Fair enough, but surely to Mr.Joe Public Clio buyer a 6 speed box would equate to having 6 gears stamped on the gear knob?

Monaco 172
RobertCL said:
I'd agree with 5 forward 1 reverse = 6 speed. Isn't it the same as a 5-door hatchback ? 4 "real" doors plus the boot.

A Hatchback has 5 doors and a saloon or other similar has 5 doors......

Know one counts reverse otherwise people would say they had a 7 speed 'box when they have 6 forward gears, it just doesn;t make sense!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30
telford_mike said:
6 speed box is a pain in the arse anyway. I wish the V6 had a standard 5 speed.

Only coz it confuses you oldies ;)

You still miss the old 4speeds :D

clio 182 black /gold
cat171 said:
If your car is '6 speed ' then you don't count reverse as a gear (since when did any one ever drive anywhere in reverse!) :rolleyes:
Me i drive up my street in reverse LOL

Ziel Nurburgring
Lol @ counting reverse. Does neutral count as one too then?

As for the article, just another mistake by renault. Like the Rollcage etc promised in the brochures

Lucas said:

This is Reno though... and they are French...

"Obviously" neutral doesn't count as there is no physical gear involved! :clown:

But, you can count reverse as two as there is the little "extra" gear that does the reversing bit :rolleyes: