ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WHICH 16v CLUTCH KIT

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

Does anyone recommend any decent clutch kits for the 16v?

Gearbox has gone, so gonna get a decent clutch in at same time, so far i have seen:

EBC - but was told theyre utter sh1te!

AP Racing - apparently excellent

BB Tuning Uprated Clutch kit - ?

Anyone recommend me anything good?

Williams 2, STi N12

Got the BB Tuning one, its a Lucas one so no problems there.

Just ask what make they are....even a willy one would do it.

But dont bother with the wimp peddle conversion

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

MMmm, may go for the K-Tec one, looks good for the money, what make is it?

Is the BB one better cos it costs more??

Williams 2, STi N12

I think it is just the initial cost from the original manufacturer, and then how much they want to rip you off by. Got the BB one cause I was there with a friend getting some other bits. I would personally buy from Demons but Im sure whichever will be fine.

As long as it is a decent make like AP, Lucas, Bremsport, Helix etc..

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Get the 5GTT uprated clutch on Andyspares. Apparently is is the same one as k-tec use but its only £65 inc vat. Iv got one and its very good!!!

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

Uprated 5GTT one eh? it definatly works ok with the valver? no probs?

And is exactly the same as the K-Tec one?

Mmmm, need to investigate this one..thanks for the help guys..

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

Just checked this out....

Andyspares offer a Sachs 5GTT clutch kit for £65+vat

K-Tecs group N one is part Sachs, part Valeo, they say that they take the best bits of each of the two kits (Valeo casing and Sachs clutch), and put em together to make a better unit combined....

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

mine was the gtt uprated clutch, up to 200bhp. Think it was £58+vat!

Its v good but hard work in traffic!

yeah ive just put the andyspares valeo gt turbo uprated jobbie on mine. 58quid +vat. amazing piece of kit. hard work in traffic to begin with, but once ur moving, u can be as ruthless as u want with the clutch. takes all the abuse!

jimbo

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

So would you recommend this over the K-tec and BB ones, seeing as they are more than double the price? - sounds good - i know Sachs are a excellent make, German arnt they?

I have put three clutches in mine since christmas

1st - ebc total crap slipped when you pulled away quick ended up burning up

2nd - ap not a recon eiether this was better but ended up shattering after 1500 miles

3rd - BB uprated one sh*t hot well worth every penny doesnt slip smell got confidence in this one unlike the other two

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Whyd you go through them so quick? What BHP is ur 16v? Cheers.

Surely jus buy the clutch which will handle the highest torque. Or is this not a standardised measurement? :confused: