ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which 172?

valver
been eyeing up a 172 but not sure over ff or cup, what i really want is a cup with the recaro seats in. or a full fat in cup blue and those wheels.
can you get a cup with those recaros and if not how much roughly with a set off seats cost me to stick in the cup.
oh and what does phquick mean?

ph-quick is the 172 mk2 phase 1 , recaros will cost around 1200quid give or take an arm or two

also you wont get a 172 in mondial blue , pretty sure you wont , anyway

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Is it me or eveyone playing silly games today ???

yes i know ....... but not a 172 in mondial blue

valver
nope mean 172 i know the difference you fools ;) but i mean the leather seat in the ff as the cup you get crappy ones. i know that the cup is blue thats the colour i want. (mondial blue)
i may have used the incorrect name for the seat. like the half leather ones with renaultsport write on. oh and the gear knob look shite aswell just a round ball are they all like this?

172 Cup 2003
oh and is it true you dont get traction control in the cup? if so is this been a issue to anyone with one?
you also dont get anti lock brakes, AC, Xenons (could be wrong on that one), spare wheel, pretty much loads lol

awaits abuse and correction from cup owners

...... (plus cup owners think they are better than every one...which us FF's know just isn't true :rasp: )

valver
yeah i know about the ac, disc changer etc. anti lock brakes is a bit shitty not to have them. really confused now which to go for. the cups so sexy tho. never had ac before so wont miss that. why didntt they put those seats in the cup? grrr. theres no 172 trophy is there? think im clutching at straws with that question.

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
get a FF, strip what you don't need, change the springs, buy some turini's and live with the fact is a micro second slower.

172 Cup 2003
lol lawson mate, spend sunday morning getting insurance quotes for both, and sunday afternoon test driving a cup and FF then u'll know , everyones preference is different

valver
ha ha yeah i know mate, my mind changes more than the wind so deciding which car to get is gunna be a long process. ohh well cheers for the advice love you all haha

Mondeo TDCI 130
Buy a cup.... then drive it like you stole it, on private roads of course!;)

This is mine now, pics courtesy of gazs hard work cleaning it when it was his! unfortunately it hasnt got the seats anymore! but they can be bought if neccesary!:cool:

DSC01153.jpg

DSC01152.jpg

DSC01131.jpg

DSC01132.jpg

DSC01134.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

DSC01150-1.jpg

interior,

DSC01145.jpg

Spec..... H&R coilovers, Janspeed de-cat, AWT inlets, GRP N ecu, ITG maxogen, New turinis, Momo 320mm steering wheel, Clear repeaters ;)

valver
yeah i love that cup and those seats. so has the no anti lock brakes and no traction control been an issue for anyone?is there any insurance group differences between the 2?

so has the no anti lock brakes and no traction control been an issue for anyone?is there any insurance group differences between the 2?
Yep its written loads of. People arn't used to not having it and expect ti to be there when they slam on the brakes and save them.

One insurance compnay had 1 in 5 of there cars they covered witten of in one year. Premiums are often higher on a Cup 172 than a normal one.

There no official insurance group change but insurance groups mean nothing anyway realy its how insurance see and some palce see the cup as a high risk.

Mondeo TDCI 130
so has the no anti lock brakes and no traction control been an issue for anyone?is there any insurance group differences between the 2?
Yep its written loads of. People arn't used to not having it and expect ti to be there when they slam on the brakes and save them.

One insurance compnay had 1 in 5 of there cars they covered witten of in one year. Premiums are often higher on a Cup 172 than a normal one.

There no official insurance group change but insurance groups mean nothing anyway realy its how insurance see and some palce see the cup as a high risk.

Edde behave yourself man!!! the lack of traction control / abs doesnt matter imo, if youre going to crash, your going to crash! it has no airbag either, safety feature = in the bin!, and its 2 less things to go wrong! and the sunroof doesnt rattle!:cool:

Edde behave yourself man!!! the lack of traction control / abs doesnt matter imo, if youre going to crash, your going to crash! it has no airbag either, safety feature = in the bin!, and its 2 less things to go wrong! and the sunroof doesnt rattle!:cool:

ABS and traction control have had something to do with many of the write offs. People just lock up and don't take there foot off.

Parr just turn the radio up with the sunroof.