ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which 182?

Evo 8 MRFQ320
ive currently got a 172 on an 02 plate and im wanting to get something newer, i dont really want to move to another car as i like the clio alot but just dunno which 182 to have any opinions on this.

o and im goin to spend around 10-11k

Mk4 .:R32
you can get an extremely nice 182 for about 8-8.5k. Don't spend more than u have to. I would suggest the trophy for around 10k if you don't do many miles!!

RenaultSport clio 172
I am in a similar position to Peggy but wondering is it really worth the £3k/£4kish to upgrade from a 172/02plate to a 182/55 plate?

Elise S1 B&C 140
I am in a similar position to Peggy but wondering is it really worth the £3k/£4kish to upgrade from a 172/02plate to a 182/55 plate?

I dont think so personally, I drove my mates 182 alot before i bought my 172 cant tell the difference really. Save the 3-4K in my opinion.

Evo 8 MRFQ320
yeh im looking at them with the cup packs. ive been to renault and there looking for a ff with both cup packs so see wot they cum up with

Abarth 500 Essesse
you'll be lucky if you ever here anything from renault, i asked sunwin nottingham to look out for one 8 months ago never had a call

Elise S1 B&C 140
There really isnt a massive amount of difference. I was origionally looking at 182's but decided in the end the difference in speck (or lack of diference) wasnt worth the extra muller, so bought a 172. Unless yours has mahoosive mileage and is becoming unreliable, i would save the dollars mate.:rasp:

Elise S1 B&C 140
Dont know too much about the 197 but i would choose that as an upgrade over the 182 as it is too similar to the 172 to warrant the money IMO .;)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
There really isnt a massive amount of difference. I was origionally looking at 182's but decided in the end the difference in speck (or lack of diference) wasnt worth the extra muller, so bought a 172. Unless yours has mahoosive mileage and is becoming unreliable, i would save the dollars mate.:rasp:

I had a 172 for a year then got the trophy, there is a huge difference.
Well worth the money in my eyes.
If you enjoy driving defo worth the money, the way it covers b roads & corners is wicked.

Elise S1 B&C 140

I had a 172 for a year then got the trophy, there is a huge difference.
Well worth the money in my eyes.
If you enjoy driving defo worth the money, the way it covers b roads & corners is wicked.

Havent had the priveledge of driving a trophy but i imagine they are alot better than a standard 182. The difference between a standard 182 and a standard 172 is minimal and doesnt twarrant the extra cash IMO

I would like to have a go in a trophy at some point. I dare say that is a diferent beastie all together and it has the added bonus of bein a limited edition :cool:

Evo 8 MRFQ320
well as does any1 own a 197 im looking at a few at the moment not much difference in insurance, are they more fun than the 172/182