ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which cables are which wiring aftermarket lighter/power outlet

RS182 Full Fat
I'm replacing the old 12v power. the old one works but is grotty looking. I have removed it and cut off the doodle that plugged into old lighter. Now i have 3 wires. I'd much prefer only 2. I have 2 spades to connect to on new lighter but don't know which 2 of the three wires available that i need. One is thicker which is yellow with a red stripe, another is brown, and the third wire is blue. Which 2 do i need? I don't have any metre thingies. Thanks for any help.

RS182 Full Fat
one is live? one is switched live? one is earth?
I just need the earth and switch live. If anyone knows which they are from the colours i described above that would be helpful thanks.

..oh i might be wrong! only one of those live wires will have an inline resistor for the cig power supply? one of them i presume worked the tiny light in the old lighter