ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which car drier do you use?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I rarely need to use a dryer as I just let it air dry after using the di vessel, however if it do, I just use the dogs pet dryer 😂

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Cheers, never considered one till my mate sealed my new motor & it only took ten mins to be bone dry. Got all the hidden annoying water traps that streak all over when you drive off.
He has offered me his for £100 ( this fair price?) he wants a more powerful one, his is compact ‘Air Force’ sits on little rubber feet.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Cheers, never considered one till my mate sealed my new motor & it only took ten mins to be bone dry. Got all the hidden annoying water traps that streak all over when you drive off.
He has offered me his for £100 ( this fair price?) he wants a more powerful one, his is compact ‘Air Force’ sits on little rubber feet.

I don't know much about them but our pet dryer was about £30 second hand. Woman had used it on her dog and was petrified of it so sold it on. You can get them new for less than £50.

Its 2800w which I think is same as the one you've mentioned. I don't see what that one does that a pet dryer doesn't do tbh. Someone may correct me there if I'm wrong?

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I’ve got this one coming
F247E9C5-CDDC-4C65-8990-C0B514625B89.png

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Do they need to blow hot air?

Otherwise a decent air compressor would do the job and be useful for other things.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The big boi is a proper dryer for cars. Okay you can use a leaf blower but essentially anything below the big boi one has compromises so just buy smart!

The metrovac offers a great value for power.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a metrovac Vac 'n blo, not as powerful as the master blaster but plenty of power for blowing out water from nooks and crannies.

Pro for the metrovac is that its a combi unit with all the little attachments for car vacuuming.

Only downside is the high price really.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Just bought a pet dryer from eBay. Gave up after spending 10 minutes chasing water all over the other half’s car and switched back to my Klin towel. Dry in 5 minutes.

Great for wheels and water traps but fairly pointless unless you add a ceramic booster every week as cQuartz isn’t massively slippery/slick. Her car remains swirl free after almost 5 months and regular 2 bucket washing.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Any one got a Blo?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Interested to know how you get on with this!

Mates into the whole detailing scene & used to have the small black air force I found it always fell over & hose was too short.
This is very stable, hose expands in length when running & returns once off.
Fully variable speed, with heat if needed, long lead & spare O ring seal & two different jet ends.
3 year warranty which is a bonus, quality bit of kit for the money.