ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which clio do u think I should buy as am now thinking of get one

pb ph2 172
Hi every one I am looking to buy a clio but I don't no which one i should buy so I am hopping you lot can help me

Out of ...

clio 172
clio 172 cup
clio 182 full fat
Clio 182 cup

So people please help me and please make sure you say why u think I should get the on you have picked

thanks

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Depends on your preferences really.

Think the 182FF or 172 Cup would be the best options. I went for a 182 Cup though as it only lacks the nicer seats xeons and climate control and none of those bother me that much.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
182 cup. In inferno. From me. One owner from new FSH, nice miles...

Oh hi.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Need to know your budget and purpose... For everyday I'd say FF 182, but that depends on how much you've got to spend and whether you want it for track days etc.

pb ph2 172
Need to know your budget and purpose... For everyday I'd say FF 182, but that depends on how much you've got to spend and whether you want it for track days etc.

Thanks for the reply I am not looking at the price as I want the right clio for me lol it will be used as a every day car but I'm not worried about extras that is why I am looking at the cups I mainly want speed and handling

pb ph2 172
Depends on your preferences really.

Think the 182FF or 172 Cup would be the best options. I went for a 182 Cup though as it only lacks the nicer seats xeons and climate control and none of those bother me that much.

I have been told the 172 is faster all tho as it is not much of the trophies
but I don't no which to get

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I have been told the 172 is faster all tho as it is not much of the trophies
but I don't no which to get

Hmm imo there's so little difference in all of them you couldn't possibly say one is faster than the other when there 10 years old as it could all come down to health of the engine how its been looked after and how the other parts of the car are maintained.

pb ph2 172
I right ok so which one do I go for 182 or 172 please people help me and if u think I should go for a 182 then which one ff or cup I'm thinking cup but then I think about the ff does any one live in bournemouth or Dorset that would be able to show me one and try and hel me make my mind up as I am pissing so many people of as I can't make my mind up lol thnks for all your help so far

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
172 of some sort, no faffing about with squint exhausts lol

which 172 ..

ive owned both ph1 and ph2 172's

ph1's are a nice toy they drive really well, cable throttle, small 15" wheels, light weight
ph2's are that bit nicer and more modern, 16" wheels and fly by wire throttle take a bit of the driving experiance away but i like the climate control and xenons....

172 cup, ive never owned or even driven one so wouldnt be fair to give my opinion on it.

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
Hmm imo there's so little difference in all of them you couldn't possibly say one is faster than the other when there 10 years old as it could all come down to health of the engine how its been looked after and how the other parts of the car are maintained.

My ph2 is quicker then my cousins 182, I'm on 86k his on 60k I'm mines two years older, but I've got a catback and his standard bar a k&n filter

pb ph2 172
My ph2 is quicker then my cousins 182, I'm on 86k his on 60k I'm mines two years older, but I've got a catback and his standard bar a k&n filter

Hello welcome to are chat lol thanks for telling us this people like this are helping a lot as I'm going out of my mmind so u have a 172 ph2 cup ?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
All RS clios have the same bhp/weight. In a straight line, even when lightly modded, there'll be no real difference.

172cups have more suspension mods over a 172, lower, wider etc... So handle better

182cups gained anthracite wheels and spoilers over standard 182s... Along with pov interior

trophies got remote reservoir dampers ontop of the cup chassis, wider offset turinis and recaro seats.

if you want straight line speed, don't get a clio, if you want handling, get a 172cup or trophy

pb ph2 172
All RS clios have the same bhp/weight. In a straight line, even when lightly modded, there'll be no real difference.

172cups have more suspension mods over a 172, lower, wider etc... So handle better

182cups gained anthracite wheels and spoilers over standard 182s... Along with pov interior

trophies got remote reservoir dampers ontop of the cup chassis, wider offset turinis and recaro seats.

if you want straight line speed, don't get a clio, if you want handling, get a 172cup or trophy

see this man new whati wanted and told me what to get and told me straght lol thanks alot so 172 cup is one of the best unless it is trophie

so will there be much between 182 cup and 172 cup ?????

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
In performance there wont be any difference at all tbh mate.

Like I said earlier there all getting on for 10 years old now so you could go buy a 182 that's faster than a 172 cup.

The day they rolled out the factory I think the 172 cup was marginally faster but still the difference wouldn't be noticeable tbh.

pb ph2 172
In performance there wont be any difference at all tbh mate.

Like I said earlier there all getting on for 10 years old now so you could go buy a 182 that's faster than a 172 cup.

The day they rolled out the factory I think the 172 cup was marginally faster but still the difference wouldn't be noticeable tbh.

So your saying there will not be any difference between them I find that hard to believe

clio 172 has lighter glass and a hole lot less other thing comparison to 182 cups this is