ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Engine Bay Colour Coding? Pics

CTR--VX220D
Dont know which one to go for.....

.... I like the red on the plenum [like my CTR] - but also like the red cover.

Also what do you need to use to paint the plenum? will normal primer and paint suffice?

Have to do a search on how to remove it now ;)

th_engine.gif

th_engine1.gif

th_engine2.gif

:)

CTR--VX220D
£20.

Munchkin - I like it.

Proper cups dont have one - It weighs F all though ;)

I'll see what it looks like without then. :)

LY 200
Black cover + red plenum will look like this.....
New017.gif

Like that!!! :approve:

Christurbo wheres the air being drawn from on your caf?

I have the same kit as you and it was abit of a nightmare getting the feed down to the bottom of the bumper. Didnt think of putting it across the bay!!!

CTR--VX220D
Yozzasport fitted an extra large CAF made of very thick material so doesnt suffer from heatsoak - although there is no way in the world I could get it down behind the headlight - It was just too thick ;)

So the rail was removed and it was run infront of the engine with a U bend at the end for directed cold air. It works well.

Cooper S JCW
chris - £10-£15 for the paint/lacquer to do the plastic cover and about the same to do the plenum/throttle body/fuel rail with SuperEnamel - no lacquer needed. Oh and a lot of time to prepare both!

It's easier to just paint the whole fuel rail though!

GOLF GT TDI
i think the second pic but try and do it the the renault Sport logo is the orignal colour that would look ace

Last edited:

Maz

LY 200
3rd one .. imho .. similar to mine :)

engine0393.gif

Give me a shout if you go for the 3rd option and you have a 100% mint cover as I may have a deal for you :)

CTR--VX220D
Thanks for the offer Maz but I have already done the painting :(

It looks stunning.

The plenum is bright red and the cover is cosmic grey [like my badges].

:)

PS... The plenum is a biatch to do - im on my SIXTH!!!! coat - still got a few more to do :(

I'll post some sneaky pics up in a mo.

Last edited:
  CTR--VX220D
I know - After doing 8 coats my eyes cannot adjust ... everything is now red!

I used some red caliper paint that I used to touch up the missus' 4 pots last summer.

Here's the cover:-

PlenumCover5.jpg

PlenumCover6.jpg

Time to down some beer!

CTR--VX220D
Oooh nice beers! and wino!

Process was:-

key in surface with multigrade wet and dry, 3/4 layers of primer, 3/4 layers of paint, 2/3 layers of primer - done.

The plenum was a much harder - 6+ layers. !!!!

Im going to detail the Renaultsport logo tomorrow [or today should I say!]

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
How about number 4, Chrome engine and either black or carbon fibre cover ;)

CTR--VX220D
Ive hjust finished my renaulsport logo detailing - it looks rather good. I have also ripped out the insulation in the bonnet not to get fluff on it.

I'll post pics in my blog.