ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which is quicker to 60?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I had the new shape S3 for 3 years. Loved the car. Hated the Audi after sales. Would never touch them again.

Because of warrantee issues and the problems i had with the service department i never bother getting a revo map done. Wish i had though

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I've found a decent dealer (who I bought the car from)

40 miles from my house. My local dealers (Warrington) are the biggest bunch of jokers around.

Two 0 Shitx
Firstly, an S3 is not an F1 car so that is a ridiculous comparison to make.

Secondly, various drivers have said you feel the kick when you press KERS.

Thirdly, these are videos of the speedo, its not a video of a car moving and him asking you to guess the speed you can see the speedo so you can see how quick he is going and how long it takes to get to x speed.

Firstly, a car with an extra 50bhp is a car with an extra 50bhp doesn't matter what it's in.

Secondly, i didn't say the drivers can't feel it, i said you can't see it on the telly.

Thirdly, unless you have the 2 videos side by side starting at the exact same time you'll never be able to tell a 50bhp difference through a video you'd probably only be able to tell driving, even then it won't be clear cut.

Shattap'a your face!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Something is wrong with the Bluefin. You would 100% notice the difference on a turbo car.

yes you would, but not by a huge gap, you won't notice it really on the 0-60, thats for sure as we are already talking very fast times, where you should notice it is the mid range grunt, but again, its already a very fast car, its not going to be night and day.

its worth speaking to bluefin, i know theres sometimes a couple of different maps for cars depending on what ecu they are running etc.

was the map already on the bluefin of did you have to send your map to them and they replied with the new map?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I know my statement there was hardly scientific, but you can hardly claim it to be wrong without even logic or reason.

We're talking about a car with a turbo and 4wd. I would imagine an increase in power will show in any example of acceleration, be it 0-60 or 50-100.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
It was a map they sent me back, Its a automated service.

I've just re loaded the old one and flashed the bluefin back on, nothing changed so will call them tomorrow

It was a map they sent me back, Its a automated service.

I've just re loaded the old one and flashed the bluefin back on, nothing changed so will call them tomorrow

There helpful when you give them a ring you should have no problem, i had a bluefin on my previous car and you could noticeably tell the difference especially in the midrange

Polo + Micra
when i had my car serviced back in december the guy does revo mapping and i was chatting to him and he was saying that revo have only just been able to map some 2.0 TFSI engines so it might just not like the bluefin

Is the bluefin the superchip bolt on thingy? What's the difference in cost vs Revo/Jabba stage 1 etc... (VAG tuners aren't my forte)?

Also, it looks to be geared very close together! I had no idea and for some reason presumed something like an S3 would have slightly longer ratios?!

Turbos.
Seeing comparable maps on the R Golfs, the Revo seems to fill out the mid-range better.

Bear in mind that most Golfs/S3s make 280bhp+ stock, mapped you're talking 315-320bhp. Therein lies the benefit of the Revo, as you're more likely to feel the mid-range more than the top-end increase.

Personally i would not remap a car unless i could see the difference on a RR in front of me! Why buy an S3 and then go budget?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Seeing comparable maps on the R Golfs, the Revo seems to fill out the mid-range better.

Bear in mind that most Golfs/S3s make 280bhp+ stock, mapped you're talking 315-320bhp. Therein lies the benefit of the Revo, as you're more likely to feel the mid-range more than the top-end increase.

Personally i would not remap a car unless i could see the difference on a RR in front of me! Why buy an S3 and then go budget?

Revo are having too many issues on the newer s3's, most need to have the uprated fuel pump (which is mechanical and I don't want to start messing with that)

The bluefin had mixed reviews (as with most maps) I didn't want a blistering surge of power, just a nice increase though the revs, the bluefin map just didn't nothing..hence my grumble. As you can see from the videos it's already pretty quick!

Spoken to bluefin today, sent my file off and they will return a new one today. They said something isn't right from what I've told them. Service so far has been excellent.. Just hope they can sort the map for me!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It's hardly budget.

Why pay for a remap from scratch on a RR when you can buy a mail order box that you can plug into your car, and remap it with a push of a button. On a rare or modified car I could appreciate your point but even then an off the shelf map will work just fine.

Snotter's
http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/page.php?xPage=rr_r32oc_300509.html

Try GIAC i had no faults with mine what so ever and the difference was night and day, i had a new clutch under warranty which resulted in the map being wiped. I hated the drive home with the standard map that much i drove straight to sheffield to get the map put back on!!! free of charge aswell.

Plus with a map they beat the legendary e46 m3 supercar.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

Try GIAC i had no faults with mine what so ever and the difference was night and day, i had a new clutch under warranty which resulted in the map being wiped. I hated the drive home with the standard map that much i drove straight to sheffield to get the map put back on!!! free of charge aswell.

LOL.

My Old R32 is on there (half way down on the right, blue mk4 with a custom code remap)

Snotter's
Cool, i ran mine in 4wd umlike most of the r32 boys who took the haldex fuse out. On a serious note i cant rate the giac and statler in Sheffield highly enough.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
They have a really good rep! (unlike awesome..)

When I get the new file today, if it's not miles better I'll be going to get a refund and look at GiAc etc

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lol at not feeling 50bhp.

I had a generic revo map on my Bora 1.8T. That added around 50bhp and made a massive difference. I then had a custom revo map and again that made a difference you could "feel".

e91 330d/type r mini
It's hardly budget.

Why pay for a remap from scratch on a RR when you can buy a mail order box that you can plug into your car, and remap it with a push of a button. On a rare or modified car I could appreciate your point but even then an off the shelf map will work just fine.
i certainly wouldnt use an off the shelf map on a turbo car,if you want you car tuning to its full potential then why take off one generic map just to stick another one on.
as said before now i would only get my car mapped properly on a dyno so you can see the differences and also know that its safe.

e91 330d/type r mini

audi must be really pleased that they can beat a 12 year old na engine ;)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Give this a whirl now

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325596978.255232.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325596978.255232.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 50
  C63 AMG, F430 & 172
i certainly wouldnt use an off the shelf map on a turbo car,if you want you car tuning to its full potential then why take off one generic map just to stick another one on.
as said before now i would only get my car mapped properly on a dyno so you can see the differences and also know that its safe.

I can see your point if you had a highly modified car and was looking for the maximum power output..

These maps are generic in a sense that it's based on a stock car with not much manufacture variation. The maps are on the edge of caution and return less power than a custom job..

But if you want to be covered by a warranty that you know you can relay on, want a bit more poke and don't have a uprated spec list asking as your arm then Revo, Bluefin, GIAC etc are not a bad option for ease of use and for the most market, the owners couldn't give a toss lol.

Then there is the benefits of the handheld units which are handy for dealer visits!