ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Linux Distro?

We have Red Hat servers at work and I've played around a bit with some different distros at home. Really I want a distro which is user friendly, but i can still learn stuff with, any suggestions?

cock mobile.
The easiest one I've come across is Mandrake, far easier than any other's I've seen.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
BSD ;)

Why FC3 when FC4 is out ? or more to the point FC5 is now out although may be worth waiting a bit before using that.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
wozzaa said:

Nah, compile your compiler, kernel, c library, busybox, bootloader and do it the hard way.

Did this once for a minimal boot from flash, nearly freaking killed me!

sh33n said:
The easiest one I've come across is Mandrake, far easier than any other's I've seen.

Also used this years ago. Was my first linux distro I ever used. It's now changed and called mandriva now though, some country or company had a quarrel about the name, think it was the french

Monaro VXR
first linux install i tried was gentoo from stage 1. That took a bloody long time. think it was around a 3 day install at the time. due to all the compiling.