ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Magnex

Subaru WRX

Hi,

Got a really difficult decision to make, which magnex exhaust do I have ??

I have been offered a brand new magnex for 131 quid incl V.A.T for the back box or 247 quid incl V.A.T for the full system. Dont know if I should splash out the extra and get the full system being as it is such a good price.

Plus I cant make up my mind on which tailpipe design to have, I quite favour the Oval 6x4 but my mates say it doesnt suit the Clio !!!

Any suggestions ????

Lee

BMW M2C

Personally I like telford_mikes back box. Just give him a while to sniff this thread out and Im sure hell post a picture of it. :D

And for that money Id probably go the full system, might as well prevent the 4k rattle before it happens. ;)

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Im thinking about changing my zorst soon too. Personally I quite like the oval pipe and I prefer it to the twin pipes. The one I think I want is like the oval but its flatter if u know what I mean, cant remember who does it at the mo (might be K-Tec or Remus).

But I have had magnex exhausts on other cars and thought they were pretty good.

twin 3" is the one to go for

and get the full system, in reality should produce a couple of bhp gain in the mid range

Subaru WRX

Looks cool, still undecided between the Twin or the Oval !!!

I have been told that having the full system makes no difference than if you have the back box on its own unless you decat it, is that true ?? :confused:

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Dont you have to cut the original exhaust to fit the back box because the original is all in one and fitted b4 the rear suspension??

Id rather just replace the lot.

I have asked at my local dealer about what happens to my warrenty if i fit a zorst. But they just gave me Reno Uks number.l

What happens when you go in for warrenty work and they see a dirty great magnex ( OR an bodged back on OE exhaust ) ?

Coz if they dont mind ill prob get a full system right now! :D

well they didnt care about any mods i had on mine for any warranty work

the even asked for the details of where i bought my mods

Subaru WRX

I was told by my local dealer ( Renault Birmingham ) when I brought it that things like zorsts that were classed as wear and tear items wernt covered by the warranty so you could replace them.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Mark_172 on 13 October 2003

Plus I cant make up my mind on which tailpipe design to have, I quite favour the Oval 6x4 but my mates say it doesnt suit the Clio !!!
Yeah, I aint a fan of the big oval either...

Ad

MK2 FRS

Twin 3.5inch would be for me!!! Im still struggling with the 4k rattle so it would have to be the full system for me. If youve had it, likley hood is that it will come back.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Mark_172 on 13 October 2003

Hi,

Got a really difficult decision to make, which magnex exhaust do I have ??

Any suggestions ????
As you can see from the pics both tailpipes look fine. If you favour the oval then get it - who cares what your mate says? Get the full system too not just the backbox.

Subaru WRX

Quote: Originally posted by 172gal on 14 October 2003

Well heres a pic of the oval:

I wasnt sure which to go for either but i think i made the right choice IMO :D

Hannah

Cheers Hannah,

Think you did make the right choice, and I think I will follow suit and spend the 247 quid on the full system with a 6x4 tailpipe !! :D

Subaru WRX

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 14 October 2003

As you can see from the pics both tailpipes look fine. If you favour the oval then get it - who cares what your mate says? Get the full system too not just the backbox.

Cheers Mike, Yep the Oval it is, Just placed the order now, gone for the full system, 247 quid all in plus free delivery to work !!! :D

Subaru WRX

Direct from Magnex via a contact at Aston Martin, We put a lot of work thier way so have managed to get a discount because I work for Jaguar ( all part of the same group ).

Subaru WRX

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 14 October 2003

Thats mine sorted. All being fitted on Saturday at Demon Tweeks.

What you having fitted Full system / back box? Oval or twin ??

couldnt resist eh??? :D

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 14 October 2003

couldnt resist eh??? :D
Im weak mate, and I was getting tired of the noise the car made. It needed to be deeper, especially at high revs :devilish:

wots the sound on these and do they make the car more responsive or do theybugger the cars up with mpg etc...... cheers everyone:D i really want a magnex cos of there quality but would a powerflow be better????

I think Magnex are great! Well pleased with mine. The sound is spot on IMO. At idle it has a lovely burble and wonderful roar at high revs. I dont think it has made mine any more responsive but mine is just the back box, oh and it hasnt affectd my MPG.

Id have a Magnex over powerflow anyday of the week!

Lee

BMW M2C

Check the thread in the post above yours for how it sounds Cuppy. Telford_Mike will know about mpg as hes had his on a while now.

Have a word with Stuart at Demon Tweeks. Hell tell you what he thinks is best.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by CUPPY on 18 October 2003

wots the sound on these and do they make the car more responsive or do theybugger the cars up with mpg etc...... cheers everyone:D i really want a magnex cos of there quality but would a powerflow be better????
I didnt notice any change in mpg after I got mine. Maybe a small improvement in mid-range pull, or maybe it was my imagination. Here is a dyno graph for a 172 with a cat-back system (its from Magnex so maybe needs a pinch of salt)

http://f2.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/oGCSP2pZBIQvAOoF7-HNA5XhKkMsc9pF6oKpV3jjtnXujIyJghxxYczdZHAMVNfJWNn7vBwsuM1IaYUjclCn3Wb1cGFWkYLu7Q/XSR05%28Magnex%29.jpg

Quote: Originally posted by Mark_172 on 14 October 2003

Direct from Magnex via a contact at Aston Martin, We put a lot of work thier way so have managed to get a discount because I work for Jaguar ( all part of the same group ).
Any chance you can share your discount mate?????