ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which of these.....

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've only used all the products from AF, except fk1000 wax so can't give a great comparison.

All the AF products are easy to use and give good results whether beginner or pro so you won't be dissapointed, but you get more products with the FK kit

172 cup
I've just got a family member one of the autobrite kits good value really an better than anything off the shelf

FF 182
Anything else recommended to get with the sample kit? May as well spend a bit more and get free shipping.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
You can't beat having a healthy stack of applicators and cloths, MF applicators, Foam applicators and shed loads of MF cloths?

Prepare yourself to spend a lot if you're now getting into detailing, and I mean a lot!!!

FF 182
Im sort of getting into it. There's a lot to take in though, i get an idea of what i want, then read some more and im back to square one. Ideally, would like enough just to give it a good winter prep now, then slowly build up supplies.

I'll get that starter kit and some applicators etc. Can you recommend a shampoo to remove previous waxing?

Cheers.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Just get some G101 & spray all over the car, then when washing go over it with the mitt to agitate, its what I do to get rid of any protection, then clay etc :)

FF 182
Just get some G101 & spray all over the car, then when washing go over it with the mitt to agitate, its what I do to get rid of any protection, then clay etc :)

Cheers for that.

So with that starter kit, i'll get a good coating for the winter with it?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Try and get a couple of coats of Tough Coat on it and you should be pretty good for 3-4 months I should think.

FF 182
Its finding the time to get in it. Its closed weekends, and working shifts means i cba during the week. Have a few weeks off soon, so will crack on with it then. Give me time to get some supplies in.