ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which oil, 5w40 I KNOW!!!

fiesta zetec s mk5 / 182
right 5w40 i know some ppl prefer elf blah blah blah, just been to halfords and only 5w40 there is castrol but for turbo diesels, it does say 5w40 but just wanna be sure, also where can i get elf, seems hard to find and i need oil like yesterday lol

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I got some not so long ago, from Reno direct!! Bout 28 for 5ltr... which aint actually to bad when you see the prices of Castrol etc!!

Megane 225
I got some not so long ago, from Reno direct!! Bout 28 for 5ltr... which aint actually to bad when you see the prices of Castrol etc!!

Reno over here wanted me to buy a case of 15L at £90! I told them no thanks and bought some silkolene Pro!

80MPG BEEZA
i'm using 0-40 fully synthetic magnetic race stuff atm i used silkolene pro last time just experimenting :)

any grades people should stay away from 0-30 5-30 10-30 10-40?

Black 182
Mate a work uses Millers in his race bike, swears by it. Elf = Total you can get it from bigger Total garages. I use Silkolene Pro Race S - if its good enough for Porsche its good enough for me!:)

fiesta zetec s mk5 / 182
just got a 5 litre job of 5w40 from renault only cost 14.62 inc vat, halfrauds wanted £35 for there own shizzle

fiesta zetec s mk5 / 182
no wasnt elf, they dont stock it apparently:S , just sed 5w40 on the bottle but if theyre using it then its good enuf for me so... gunna get some elf stuff then do the filter to.

80MPG BEEZA
0-40w can seep a bit cant it?

the viscosity between the silkolene 5-40 and the magnetec 0-40 doesnt see, any different obv at different tempts it may but i dont think it will be to think the car seems to like it :) before after a good session it would be a bit crappy now it just laps up use of it

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
My last service i put in xfs 5-40 millers oil, millers are top quality, i used that injecta plus by millers for the fuel system wow it made a big difference felt i had more power going through the gears i reccomend them both

ClioSport 182
I agree Millers every time, use CFS in the 182 and in my race car, runs quieter and smoother. Also user Millers Octane plus and V-Power just flies along.

Get mine from this guy found him by accident, very helpfull and very reasonable on his prices. http://www.sideauto.co.uk/

:cool: