ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which oil in the Cup?

Want to top it up as it seems a bit low at the mo, used to use the old Shell premium stuff but assume its crap stuff really.

Any recommendations?

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Silkolene Pro S for me, although as said any fully synthetic 5w40 will be fine :)

15w50 is too thick from cold, surely?

I just use the 5W40 Elf Excellium from the stealers - can get 5 litres for about £24 if the parts guy isn't a dick lol

106 GTI
dont just add any oil as a top up, it needs to be the same as whats in there.

Drop the oil for fresh stuff

lol

You can mix oils fine afaik - not ideal as the old stuf will still be shitty, but mixing grades of oil won't be life or death for the engine!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Silkolene Pro S 05w40 is on order or my car :)

Try Opie Oils for a decent price

RS RIP
I use Mobil 1 0W40

wow, you better watch the stick mate. I used this stuff before on another car. No probs; never using a drop of oil.. but then suddenly it went like crazy, it's like water this stuff. Stick to Reno-specs i wouls say.

MOTUL 300V 10W40 is the juice i'm putting in , maybe i'll trie to get the 5W40 next time. Better for cold start, short runs. 10W40 is best when running hot+ long runs

Ph1
wow, you better watch the stick mate. I used this stuff before on another car. No probs; never using a drop of oil.. but then suddenly it went like crazy, it's like water this stuff. Stick to Reno-specs i wouls say.

MOTUL 300V 10W40 is the juice i'm putting in , maybe i'll trie to get the 5W40 next time. Better for cold start, short runs. 10W40 is best when running hot+ long runs

Your not wrong there franx.

Had more than a few ''oh s**t wheres half the oil gone'' moments after viewing the oil gauge on start up. Its ok once the cars up and running, been using it for a few years now but yeah, thinking of changing to a 5W40 grade.

All those grades are the same heat range/viscosity when hot though!