ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Panel Filter?

Inferno 182
Sorry if there has been a thread like this before but couldn't find one comparing the 3 panel filters I have found.

Right the 3 I am looking at are:

K-Tec: £34.80

BMC: £41.60

ITG: £54.00

I have had the K-Tec filter before, and I did like it, but is there any difference in the others because I am interested in a change but is it worth the extra?

Inferno 182
I'm not too bothered about price, but just want to know of the itg is actually worth the extra £20

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Won't notice much if any differences between the filters.

I'd stick to the FRAM OE jobby. I've got a K&N which I got new for free. Slightly better through the rev range & throttle response is ever so slightly improved.

I wouldn't pay the money tho.

The K&N rubber around it is a lot harder than the OEM one so be careful that when tightening the air box back up you don’t break the plastic threads as that happened to me

Sport 172 flame Red
Got my ITG panel filter for 20 and I could Deffinately see a slight difference for the better, £20 well spent in my eyes

Clio 200 EDC LUX
What about the Green motorsport ones look similar to a K&N
Choice on a 200 EDC seems to be Green, K&N or ITG

All about the same price £45 - £55

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Air filters, what people buy when they can't afford to really tune their car...

Why not get an electric supercharger. Kit, or a powerboost valve...

If you really wanna drive fast, get some tuition...

2014 Clio 200t edc
I've used pipercross and itg. They were on completely different cars but the itg I felt was the best.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Sorry if there has been a thread like this before but couldn't find one comparing the 3 panel filters I have found.

Right the 3 I am looking at are:

K-Tec: £34.80

BMC: £41.60

ITG: £54.00

I have had the K-Tec filter before, and I did like it, but is there any difference in the others because I am interested in a change but is it worth the extra?
Just get a pipercross, they are all very similar. Perhaps the cheapest out of the rest also.