ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which replacement pads or discs (or both?) ?

Mk5 R32 (ex.182 (Cupped))
Hi all,

Im at my 24k service time on my 182 (cupped), and im sure they are gonna say I need new pads. So I was thinking now is the time to change them from the original ones. I want to have better braking, especially after alot of use.

Can anyone recommend what I should go for, should I change just the pads or both pads and discs? And if so, which ?

Cheers

Chris

Megane225FF
If you get the Brembo discs, they have wear indicators, so you'll know when they're shag.ed in future.

thedoc said:
If you get the Brembo discs, they have wear indicators, so you'll know when they're shag.ed in future.

Ok Cool, wheres the best place to get them? I wont fit them myself, so does anyone recommend somewhere decent as well?

Cheers all

Where abouts are you there a load of people on here who will fit them its dead easy.
Stock pads are a great compromise if you've no probelm don't upgrade if you want better DS2500's is the way to go.

edde said:
Where abouts are you there a load of people on here who will fit them its dead easy.
Stock pads are a great compromise if you've no probelm don't upgrade if you want better DS2500's is the way to go.

I live in Camberley, Surrey. Definately want to change what I can, I dont feel the standard discs/pads give me as good braking as i want.

DingDong said:
I live in Camberley, Surrey. Definately want to change what I can, I dont feel the standard discs/pads give me as good braking as i want.
Best bleed the brakes as this can be the problem stock brakes are superb realy only track use or very hard road use kills them.

Check them for wear only replace them if they've failed or are worn just have a look how thick the pads are.

I'm in Taunton Saturday and Sunday at the airfield day (no idea where Camberley is sorry I'm useless anwhere south of Manchester) but if you want me to fit them ring Fred order the parts or get him to give me a call as I'm offline till Monday.
Rears rarly need replacing disk rust first there only thin from new.
Info on sizes of brakes here
Front and rear brake information for the Mk1 V6 and the 172 and 182's
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=133902

Megane225FF
Are you gonna be doing track days?
Some pads fail on trackdays, while others are specifically for that use.

Nah I wont be doing track days. But I do drive my car very hard. Pretty much as hard as I would on a track :( I know i shouldnt, but I just find sometimes they faded too fast.

I once had a problem about 6 months ago from about 20mph where there just was no braking power at all. I went to renault and they checked them and said they were normal (not that I believed them tho).

So just want some top spec brakes for road use.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
as your surry would rentech in Portsmouth be close for you? GDI are near Cambridge.

FredYozzasport said:
brembo discs, braided lines, EBC greens or if you have a bit more ££, DS2500's

Sounds good. Which brembo discs? And are EBC greens/DS2500's good from cold as well? Or do they need heating up, i.e. for track days?

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
drilled ones are no better really.... just gets clogged with dust....

you wont really need new calipers either unless there is something wrong with the old ones.

yellow stuff pads are a more track focus'd pad.. dont use them ourselves.

Pagid RS range of pads are awesome on these cars..... the Pagid blue or Grey are excellent...

for road use the DS2500 are also very good.

Andy

Andy GDI said:
drilled ones are no better really.... just gets clogged with dust....

you wont really need new calipers either unless there is something wrong with the old ones.

yellow stuff pads are a more track focus'd pad.. dont use them ourselves.

Pagid RS range of pads are awesome on these cars..... the Pagid blue or Grey are excellent...

for road use the DS2500 are also very good.

Andy

Hmmm oki, sounds good :)

Anyone know how whether it affects the warrenty changing the discs?

Also, brakes is the only thing I have never changed on any cars ive owned, only ever been exhausts, suspension, engine. Should I bother letting my insurance company know for brakes?

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
not for std size and type discs, might be worth telling them about the lines and types of pad.... especially if they are green.... but i doubt they will give a monkey's

Andy GDI said:
not for std size and type discs, might be worth telling them about the lines and types of pad.... especially if they are green.... but i doubt they will give a monkey's

Good stuff. Althought im with direct line, not sure if they allow any type of mods...

Lionel Richie
ring and check first to be safe

Rentech has fitted quite a few of our kits, i'm sure Mike (the owner) won't mind another