ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which sat nav ?

Probs in the wrong place:eek: it was a toss up between here & technology.

I need to get one sorted out (I did search but would have been there all day reading)

I need one that is easy to use - I don't do complicated, I have no time for it.

It must actually have good directions, none of this directing me up a road that's not there rubbish:mad:

It must stay put on the screen, I can't be doing with it falling off !

I've been borrowing a garmin i3 (a cheap unit) but tbh it's rubbish.

Price wise - i'll say £200 or so. If it does speed cameras too, cool. If not no bother.

Thanks.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
ive used 3 the tomtoms and they have never gor me lost, put me into a river, or not found my location or where i want to go.

think the TT1 is areod 120 ish now

A ANIMAL
my bro has this one: http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/nav_11.asp

Easy as pie to use and guides you round traffic if there is a jam.
No bad, the idea that the cradle fits to the air vents a bit hmm, as it must be hard to see the screen as it's so close ?
The widsreen bracket is £35 too

Comes with it all:
What's in the box?

nothing.jpg
grey.gif

nothing.jpg
TravelPilot 300 portable navigation device
grey.gif

Suction-cup fixing arm
grey.gif

TMC antenna wire
grey.gif

USB cable
grey.gif

Mains charger
grey.gif

Cigarette lighter power cable
grey.gif

Backup map DVD (including owner's manual)
grey.gif

Quick-start instructions

Not that well know system but v. good feedback from personal experience and others.

I guess that i'd need an antenna thing to get them to work through the windscreen ? (it's heat reflective)

No probelems - i had to read it a couple of times

antenna to get what to work Craig?
The garmin one I borrow doesn't work through screen:dapprove: I had to get an aeriel thing for it, which sits under the cut out bit on the screen.

A ANIMAL
Don't know about that i'm afraid - my bro's got the new punto which has some variety of heat reflective screen and it has no probs but i really could'n't say for sure.

Black Gold 182 FF
Mine works through the reflective screen no probs. Some do some don't- You might have to borrow one to check it out.

On the tomtom (i'm just looking now) some have a traffic receiver on them & some don't - is it worth getting ?

Also, the TT1 v3 is only £90, but there is a V4 one out now, cheapest on that is £130 without traffic receiver & £160 with it.

I guess that the v3 is a bit old now ?

I won't use the thing that much, but it may come in handy when I do though.

- I think i'll go to a few shops now & see what's what, then probs buy online.

I got the Tomtom 1 on friday. I covered a fair few miles over the weekend, home to surrey, to home, to milton keynes, to trax, to home.

It's ace ! Never fell off the screen, it great with getting me there. Great stuff :approve: