ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which seats for my 182?

What seats for my 182?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
It would be good to get some opinions on this as there are pros and cons for either seat for me. I own both seats, so it's just a case of picking one that suits the 182 best.

Option 1; Recaro Trendline
IMG_7272.JPG

Pros;
Age specific for the 182, came in the Trophy so just suit the age and style better.
Cheaper (about £700/800)

Cons;
Ergonomically flawed for what they are. Offer very little support for fast driving.

Option 2; Recaro Sportster CS
IMG_6567.JPG

Pros;
Ergonomically better for everyday driving.
Offer higher levels of support for fast driving.
Suitable for use with harnesses.

Cons;
Newer style of seat may not suit the Clio as much as the Trendlines.
More expensive seat and I could sell them easier.

I've put a poll up so do vote and any opinions are more than welcome. Cheers

Megane R26
Sporters all day long, I did some loooong miles in My 200 and they were very comfortable and incredibly supportive .

Trendlines are really not that supportive at all in my opinion.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Sporters all day long, I did some loooong miles in My 200 and they were very comfortable and incredibly supportive .

Trendlines are really not that supportive at all in my opinion.

I've done about 10,000 miles in my M3 on them and can't rate them high enough. Just £800 I could spend elsewhere (PMS shifter and Brembos) tough choice...

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Sportsters, as you say trendlines have period appropriate going for then but that's it. 800 back on them if they're mint and you'll cover pms and brembo

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
It’s the sub frames and all that jazz that adds up making me think nah.
They should both fit on the same adaptors as they're not Renaultsport Sportsters. I'm measuring tomorrow to just make sure.

Soon adds up though and here I was buying a Clio to save money and stop spending on modifications..

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Also the full leather trendlines are in immaculate condition and on Trophy mounts, how much would I expect to get back from them?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
They should both fit on the same adaptors as they're not Renaultsport Sportsters. I'm measuring tomorrow to just make sure.

Soon adds up though and here I was buying a Clio to save money and stop spending on modifications..
You are right they will fit perfectly. They use the same frames and same bolt holes. @Christopher. has some in his car .

I find trendlines more comfortable, not as supportive though as sportsters. My vote is sportsters.

Forgot to say but if you are tall (6foot +) then lower mounts are brilliant. Jon Foz sells them individually incase you just want the drivers side.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
You are right they will fit perfectly. They use the same frames and same bolt holes. @Christopher. has some in his car .

I find trendlines more comfortable, not as supportive though as sportsters. My vote is sportsters.

Forgot to say but if you are tall (6foot +) then lower mounts are brilliant. Jon Foz sells them individually incase you just want the drivers side.
Already read @Christopher. thread start to finish, that's why I even considered putting the Sportsters in.

I'm 5"8, but the way I've positioned the steering wheel I can't see the speedo from 60-80 at the moment. Already sorted out the brackets from Jon - just going to triple check measurements.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Sportsters. Love them in my RS and find them super comfortable.

Edit: just to add, make sure oh get the right seat base so they're not mounted too high.