ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which spark plug?

Going to be refreshing my ignition system shortly with new leads, dizzy cap & rotor arm and plugs.

I know what im doing with the leads but what plugs should i go for?

Would it make the blindest bit of difference which plugs i had, bearing in mind im going to be getting some high performance leads to carry the charge?

I can get hold of Bosch super 4, NGK Iridium IX and some champion numbers, but is there a particular brand/type that are better than others without having to spend a tenner per plug?

Cheers
Tom

172 cup'd extreme
Stay away from bosch super 4 they are shite. NGK standard or platinum will be fine. NGK standard are £3 each and plats are £7 each

Fiesta ST

In my experience Bosch (especially the Super 4's) are rubbish. I had them in the RT to replace the worn NGK plugs and the car ran rubbish, especially top-end. I took them out soon after and refitted some new NGK plugs and it was much smoother, started well too.

Now with the Valver, that's all I ever put in, because for me I know they work. Also, the NGK items are standard from the factory (I believe) and also, you don't see places like K-Tec or BBPerformance selling Bosch, it's all NGK plugs.

For me, I'm staying with them and that's what I'd recommend to people, especially with Mk1 Clio's. :)