ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which springs

Fabia vRS

I am wanting some lowering springs -35mm..

Wheres best place to buy em? and wats best 2 buy?

Been advised to get Eibach so far...any other opinions?

Jim.

Ive got Chassis Dynamics with AVO dampers on my 16v, Chassis Dynamics are AVOs own and the ride is superb. They are very easy to adjust and have transformed the handling! Bit pricey but worth it.

Ive heard SPAX are a bit harsh.

The 35mm drop looks good on the valver, the wheels tuck nicely up in to the arches with no rubbing. As Yozza said to me "You wont get many illegal immigrants under those arches!!"

Fabia vRS

WHY WOULD IT BE A WASTE OF TIME??!? and why is there no point? i dont wanna be driving round looking like its on stilts now do i??!?!

also cant do -60MM as i take it to watch rallying, and some of the tracks i take it down are propa bad, pot holled big style n well bumpy, i dont fancy the suspension springing out of the bonnet or grounding out on the camber of the track.

So Im going -30mm or -35mm like it or not! i didnt ask for how low to go advice now did i? i just wanted the best make n the cheapest place 2 buy em.

(sorry, *puts handbag away*) :D

A well built VW

Ive got H&r cup springs fitted to mine with the standard shocks at the moment and it is SUPERB amazing transformation more composed but not too harsh/bumpy my mate has FK coilovers which replaced his full KONI kit and he prefers mine and when fitted you noticed straightaway the 30mm drop they are not cheap though about £135 the following sell H&r but they are not listed on the website may have to phone them if interested

http://www.larkspeed.comwww.larkspeed.com

http://www.fastcarspares.comwww.fastcarspares.com

If theyre good enough for porsche and mercedes cant be bad and they also have TUV approval

Good luck m8

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by paul1178 on 19 December 2003

Hang on a second, isnt your car a 1.2? Mmmmmmmmm, now that would be a waste of my time! ;)
Paul anytime you fancy having a little challenge then let me know!!!! You maybe surprised!!

just saying 35mm isnt a noticeable drop, the amount of people that have come on here and said "which springs should i get 35mm or 60mm???" and then gone and bought 35mm springs, fitted them to the car, and then stuck them up for sale on the forum because the car still looks like a roller skate!!!!! It just makes me chuckle!!!!

Im just wanting someone other than me to go hardcore and drop thier car into the weeds!!!!

Sorry Jim, just me being a pleb, ignore me!!!

Only advice i can give to you regarding the 35mm springs is go for Apex (its a 40mm drop) but theyre cheap at £75 and IMO it does improve the handling. Stay away from spax

Nope fred, you aint being a pleb, youre right, too many do drop too little and then regret it.

And on the subject of moddin, anyone gonna do anything a bit more serious than exhaust/filter/decat?????? ;)

Fabia vRS

Sorry Jim, just me being a pleb, ignore me!!!
You are forgiven :). I would love to go 60mm, but it just dont suit wat i use my car for, if i dint go spectating rallying in it i would defo go for -60mm + bodykit....but if i did that now it would get ripped to shreads and would wreck the car.

Cheers for the advice anyway :D

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 21 December 2003

And on the subject of moddin, anyone gonna do anything a bit more serious than exhaust/filter/decat?????? ;)
decat......nah, no thanks.............nah, if i removed my cat id only have a erham...........:p

Clio 172 ph2

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 21 December 2003

Only advice i can give to you regarding the 35mm springs is go for Apex (its a 40mm drop) but theyre cheap at £75 and IMO it does improve the handling. Stay away from spax
whats wrong with spax?

Nothing wrong with spax at all. Made in the UK and perfectly good springs. Used them on two 172s and have covered nearly 20k miles on them. Ignore the badge snobs.

yup, SPax are more than AOK........much better than APEX sludge.

In their new ownership, their quality levels are fantastic and they arent scared of taking on custom work, nor small batch work.

If they can help THrust SSC then my palsy fiesta is ok.

Come to think of it Jim 35mm on a valver looks alot lower than 35mm on a Mk3 Clio.....Ive been to the WRC for the last 2 years now, the first year I took my car I knackered one of the dampers on those bloody tracks! Thats why I decided to upgrade....Freds car does look awesome but it would be no good for us rally buffs.

Fred, not really up for challenges unless on the spur of the moment. Yoz told me how quick yours is in the twisty bits, what power mods have you got in mind for the future?

Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by paul1178 on 22 December 2003

Ive been to the WRC for the last 2 years now, the first year I took my car I knackered one of the dampers on those bloody tracks! Thats why I decided to upgrade....Freds car does look awesome but it would be no good for us rally buffs.
Yep...it will cost an arm n a leg replacing bits n pieces all year, especially considering i go to roughly 20 - 25 events a year (not all r on half decent forest roads like the WRC uses, either!)

Id go with the Eibachs for just springs but Spax do a damper and spring kit which is excellent value. You can go -35mm or opt for the -55mm version.

-Rob