ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which springs?

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Hi guys, I'm looking to lower my mk3 ph2 1.2 on springs but I'm unsure which to go for. I have explored the coil over route but I could only get second hand with my budget and as my dampers are shot, I would still have to buy new dampers when selling the car. I don't want to waste loads of cash on a 1.2.
Which springs do people rate? They will be going with a fresh set of bilstein b4 shocks. I know I can get the fk springs for around the £70 mark but I'm sceptical over these ruining the ride. I commute over snakes pass weekly so I'm looking for performance as well as lows. What is everyone using?

Dom

Clio campus
I just got some H&R springs ( fitting them Friday ) , where did you get your shocks from as I'm unsure if I need new shocks for mine

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
How do the H&R feel? I'm pretty sure we have different clios but i'm sure they will perform similar. I will be getting the dampers from either ebay or eurocarparts. If you car feels good, your shocks are probably fine. If it feels under dampened ( bouncy and unstable under braking or round corners ) then you will probably need shocks.