ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Touch Screen Phone

Upgrade time soon and really wanting a replacement to the N95 but it has to be a touch screen, not majorly bothered about a slide out keyboard but if it has one then not going to grumble, however it has to
  • Look Good
  • Decent Menu and Navigation
  • Decent web browsing
  • Decent texting
  • Decent Connectivity (GPS,WiFI)
  • Decent 3rd Party Applications
  • and have some level of customisation.
So far had a look at the iPhone and the HTC Touch Diamond (although it was branded as a T-Mobile something). The iPhone's screen was really intutive and really easy to pick up and play with but its lacking some simple features which puts me off a little bit. The HTC looked good, the screen was good but not an iPhone and the TouchFlo 3D Menu wasnt on however problem is its built on Windows Mobile same as the SE but they are both something different and im no major stranger to Windows Mobile.

I havent looked at the others and im not sure when the Nokia and G1 are actually out but i would appreciate some feedback or opions on the shortlist below:

1. Apple iPhone 3G

iphone.png

2. HTC Touch Pro

htc-touch-pro.jpg

3. SE Xperia X1

XperiaX1.jpg

4. Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

nokia-5800-2.jpg

5. T-Mobile G1

g1officialnewnew.jpg

Cheers :)

Ktec'd 1.2 16v Sport
Brother bough HTC Diamond and its good. Gotta make sure not to get T-Mobile one though as its branded with their software and has lesser spec that standard HTC Diamond. I.e Built in memory

Audi TT
Touch pro for me out of that lot. The sony got slated on reviews I saw. The nokia is unreleased and the G1 looks pants. Might perform well but does look pants.
Also you didn't include the forthcoming Blackberry Storm (9500 I think) that's due anytime as well which should be great. Love my Bold. It's the shizzle.

G

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
iPhone or G1 for me.

Win mob = fail
S60touch = too new.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
heh, sure they do but there's no known issues, just the same sort of calls like how do i setup mobileme/email sync my contacts, how do i setup itunes, how do i make ringtones & why can't I recieve MMS all are either fairly complicated for a novice or a non supported feature.

Overall for the ammount of Iphones in circulation and use we get very few calls considering I work on the English Iphone section so any English calls from Europe or sometimes America come through to my department we get very few calls. So overall imo it's a very stable and very well designed product which functions as intended.

It's just a really big shame o2 is the carrier here in the UK. For me I f*king detest o2 and would rather gouge my own eyes out with a fork and eat them than take service from them but for everyone else I see no problem :D

dCi 80 tractor
Get the HTC Diamond Pro, I have the normal Diamond but the pro is better because:
1. Slide out keyboard
2. Improved battery life
3. Newer

Dont get an iphone!

Been viewing videos on youtube...

Those with the Touch Diamond/Pro how is the TouchFlo 3D interface? It looks smart but it also looks slow, cant be doing with a slow phone.

The X1 panels look smart, a little gimiky i.e. Fish panel but different non the less.

Nokia s60 touch interface looks smart but not sure i would use it as it seems fairly built on friend updates, social networking etc...

Android, havent looks at it yet but from reading it requires you to have a google account and seems google based (which it would being a google product) im not sure i want to be forced to use google everything... I have also read that T-Mobile disable wifi on phones, to make people use their web n walk, this correct?

Formally Clio 182
Just don't get a phone with Windows Mobile on it.

Go for the iPhone.

The app store on the iPhone is great, you will have fun downloading all these cool apps and games, some are free others are fairly priced.

Audi S3 225
Also need to take into consideration the iphone you will have to pay for and be stuck in a 18 month contract. Where as the others will most propbably be free and a 12 month contract.

Im in the same situation my contract was up last week and am looking at upgrading but dont want to make the wrong decision.

steering towards the iphone still tho :p

TT 225
For the people with iphones, have you had difficulty in texting whilst under the influence?

I had the lg chocolate when it first launched - it lasted 3 weeks before I threw it against a wall, utter crap! And impossible to txt after a few drinkies :eek:

Not overly fussed about 18month contracts, i left o2 18months ago for orange as they wouldnt give me an N95 for free however with orange i get little to no signal in my house which is very annoying and the main reason for me wanting to leave.

So as a returning/new customer for any other network its likely that an 18month contract is a given especially as 12month contracts give jack all for the money.

Silver 182
Samsung Omnia !
Once you get used to it then you will be well happy !
Took me a good few days to get around it though....menus after menus, obviously Windows based but cant fault it !

Samsung Omnia !
Once you get used to it then you will be well happy !
Took me a good few days to get around it though....menus after menus, obviously Windows based but cant fault it !

Homo stylus...

Played with one at work when they got some new mobiles and didnt like the samsung menu. I want something a bit flashier.