ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which tyres...

RenaultSport clio 182
Hi, could do with a bit of advice on rubber.. All four tyres on my 04 plate 182 cup pack are just about due for replacement. Mostly motorway/A-road driving with the odd rag along country roads. I would welcome any suggestions on which tyres to go (or not go) for, not too bothered bout the cost.. Cheers

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2... Theres a group buy going at the minute so you might be able to get em through that! Definately what everybody else will suggest....

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'd stick with the michelins mate . But whatever you do keep away from toyo proxes , absolutely fcukin rubbish in the wet

i stuck to the original conti's ......................most ppl will recommend michelins or them eagle 1s:eek:

98 Clio 1.2 RN MK2
Toyo's proxes T1-R's or T1-S they're better than Yoko and michelin's. I've had michelin's and yokohoma on my car before nothing special.

ST
NoT_sO_fAsT said:
Toyo's proxes T1-R's or T1-S they're better than Yoko and michelin's. I've had michelin's and yokohoma on my car before nothing special.

Maybe on a 1.2 yeah...

Yokohama = ditchfinders lol

Toyos = good in the dry (in a low profile, otherwise you get sidewall flex I believe), shocking in the wet.

F1 = great all round :cool:

Michelin = haven't tried them lol

RenaultSport clio 182 cup
Been told BF goodridge are better, slightly cheaper than the pe2's , still made by michelin. Tyres designed for the car are not always the best.