ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which wheels??

Beetle
i want something a bit different for my valver, not in any great rush at the moment but wondered what people thought of the following wheels, i.e. do they suit it, i like them all:D

ronal turbos's: (ok so a few people have them but i still like them)
naplesonronals1.jpg

bbs multispokes (only seen these in 17" though so far and thats not gonna be happening):
bbsx.jpg

bbs crosspoke split rims: (really liking these for some reason, got my eye on a set on ebay)
bbsblkchro.jpg

or some trophy style wheels but in 15" if possible:
turinis.jpg

or maybe some turbines refurbed matt black, or some silver willy wheels:S
so opinions, thought and criticisms of the wheels please:D

Beetle
Middo said:
bbs split rims for me :)
the black crosspoke ones?:cool:

does anyone know if offset 33 would make a big difference to the handling? the stud pattern and stuff is allright just wondered if the offset matters too much, because its not like its loads different.

Beetle
patty said:
none mate... rota slipstreams...
*goes to search google*

hmm not sure on them, think they look best in 16" or 17", want to stick to 15's really

Last edited:

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
trophy wheels by a mile! not to keen on black wheels on a naples car however those turinis look amazing!

Naples Valver
Thats the same thing I've been wondering about for my valver. I think the Trophy wheels look cool, I also like black wheels on the naples but seems like everyone has black wheels at the mo. Have you considered the willy wheels but keeping them gold? Don't know what it would look like, who knows might look completely gash! :)

Beetle
i did a shop a while ago, hang on i'll fish it out...

found it, gold does look a tad 'gash' as you put it:
goldwillies2.jpg

or polished like winston had:
willypoli.jpg

silver willy wheels would suit it imo.

Last edited:
  Naples Valver
Yeah, don't think gold's the way to go!:S

I like the silver willy wheels though so I reckon Trophy or silver willy wheels!:approve:

Beetle
willy wheels in silver, i like a lot:cool:
willysilver.jpg

only trouble is findin some tatty ones at a decent price so that i can spray them silver.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
bighp use to have a naples valver with gold willy wheels....looked the dogs

don't think the silver willies would suit yours
the ronals on a naples look mint as do the 16' turini's

i have matt black turbines on mine....look well **** and there 15's which is a bonus

Beetle
another ronal pic, same car differnet angle (p.s. hope you dont mind me using your pics, saved them a while ago but forgot who you are:eek: )
naplesonronals2.jpg

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Scott-16v! said:
i keep going on and off of turbines, wouldn't mind a set like yours mind:cool:

na i love mine although i have eyes for a different set of wheels...no funds at the minute though.... they are nice though

i think the ronals definately suit naples as above^^

Beetle
they've very tempting, seen a new set on ebay for £289, bit undecided about spendin that much though cos i tend to get bored of wheels easily

Williams 2
Got some silver willies on my valver, but my brother had curbed these a few times now:mad:, so i'm considering getting them re-furbished in gold with the silver rim, quite expensive though:eek: Think the willies suit your valver in both gold and silver. Never felt the need to change mine really.

Attachments

• Copy of DSCF0017.JPG
    Copy of DSCF0017.JPG
    502.4 KB · Views: 21
  S2000
ronals or trophy wheels. I really don't think the bbs wheels would suit it at all (either of them) and I jjust generally don't like them. Up until now I hadn't been too keen on ronals but after seeing those pictures i think they look the mutts nuts. Never seena mk1 in naples with trophy wheels so at least they would be pretty unique.

BBS..... need work to fit.... the centre bore needs boring out to 60.1 as Veedubs are 58ish

Offset should be ok ...only 3mm lol

Im on the hunt for BBS splittys.....there my idea ;) lol

Beetle
^^lol hands off the ones i'm watching b*tch!:clown: He wants £45 shipping from germany which i reckon is pretty reasonable, out of interest mate where would i take the wheels to be bored out that little bit?

hmm doesn't look too bad, i reckon willys or ronals would suit naples more, bbs still look kinda cool though.:cool: :eek:
bbsblkchrorearangle.jpg

Last edited:
  Punto/Clio GTT
ide say silver willy wheels. dont think ronals suit the naples at all, nor any of the split rims, n please please please dont put turinis on it, be different. turinis IMO are the new 3 spokes.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
emmmm...No...Will ruin ur car imo...the BBS rims look stunin as do the speedlines.