ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Wireless ADSL Router?

Leon Cupra R 225
I need to replace our shocking Mentor wired adsl router at home which has decided to cripple lately reducing out broadband to pulp....

So which adsl router shall I get and from where?

I need one maybe where I can get at least one usb adaptor included preferably.

Price up to £70??? I dunno... Just need some geeky but sound advice.

Ta :lolup:

hi mate.

I've always used and recommended Netgear DG834G to all of my friends. easy to setup and trouble free

Keep your eye on PC world, they tend to be the cheapest and everynow and then include a free USB adaptor

Keep your eye on PC world, they tend to be the cheapest and everynow and then include a free USB adaptor

Sorry but they are not the cheapest by any stretch of the imagination. You are best going for a Netgear if you do not have any idea what you are doing - they are probably the easiest to configure out of the box. Otherwise Linksys and Belkin are very good. Don't touch Dlink.

Spend 10 mins online, type the model number into google and order from the cheapest online retailer that has the wifi dongle bundle in stock.

Leon Cupra R 225
hi mate.

I've always used and recommended Netgear DG834G to all of my friends. easy to setup and trouble free

Cheers mate, yeah I've seen Netgear's and heard they are the easiest option to just plug in and go, well nearly that simple lol. Saw an advert 20 mins ago in Daily Mail for PC World, they are doing a Netgear 54Mbps with free usb adaptor for £60 iirc. Might have to snap one up tomorrow :)

Leon Cupra R 225

Sorry but they are not the cheapest by any stretch of the imagination. You are best going for a Netgear if you do not have any idea what you are doing - they are probably the easiest to configure out of the box. Otherwise Linksys and Belkin are very good. Don't touch Dlink.

Spend 10 mins online, type the model number into google and order from the cheapest online retailer that has the wifi dongle bundle in stock.

I do have a basic idea of what's going on I'm just not a I.T terminology geek. I just what something easy to install, with super reliable connection and not too expensive, it's only broadband at the end of the day. I'll have a butchers through google anyhow before I head down to pc world

cheers for the reply though mate

172 Cup
I've actually got a spare DG834GT (I had to by it as part of Ukonlines T&C's but used my Billion instead) if you're interested tommy? I never really thought about selling it but it's only gathering dust (figure of speech ;) )

Leon Cupra R 225
I've actually got a spare DG834GT (I had to by it as part of Ukonlines T&C's but used my Billion instead) if you're interested tommy? I never really thought about selling it but it's only gathering dust (figure of speech ;) )

Yep I am interested if it means I don't have to pay PC World prices ;)

You could always just send it to me if it's just gathering dust!

Get back to me mate. cheers

Clio 1.2 / RS Turbo
As said Netgear or D-Link are both decent!

You have to make sure you have the PC "sort of" near where you are going to have the wireless router for when you first configure it as working in IT so many people ask why they can't see the wireless network and expect it to be instant but you need to plug it in!

Other than that they are pretty much straight forward and mostly have Wizards :)

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
go to ebuyer.com always cheap, fantastic service and good support if you need it. cant reccomend them highly enough. I got the netgear one from them with the adaptor and was a doddle to set up. great stuff

BMW M5 & E36
I had no end of problems trying to get a belkin router set up, took it back in the end in exchange for a D-link model. No problems since :)

A red missile
I used to have a Netgear router, I ended up hitting it against the edge of my desk till it broke in half, Linksys is where its at, had one for 2 years and never even had to restart it. Lan/wireless/firewall all in one box, the newer versions even looker nicer than the blue/black one I use.