ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Wiring is which? & New Sub

RS Meg 175
I got my sub today second hand with amp, box and wiring. However iam not to sure which wires go where and which end etc.
I would be very grateful if someone could help!

Heres the sub in its new box :):

Subandbox.jpg

And a poor paint effort with the wires i have.(the wires are doubled up so you can see each end, so theres five wires, [two taped together]) :

subandampwiring.jpg

Obviously the red one is power but which end connects to the battery? guessing its the one with the plastic capacitor thing? and the other is the remote lead and phono cables? as for the other two :S lol

Any help will be appreciated :)

Cheers

Dodgy one
Black to chassis not battery, Phonos (black and red ends) to amp and HU, blue leads youre remote, The other one looks like speaker wire if it is you need to bridge that on the amp and run it to back of the sub

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Looks like a nice sub and amp you got there to go with the box. Let me know how it sounds.

Ok,
In the first picture (Top Left); the bluey black one is your Earth lead. Connects to your amp and a point on the chassis (where the isofix bar sits is a good one). Then we have your speaker wire, the odd looking connector that is joined by the black plastic will plug straight into the box and then the other end will go on the amp.

Second Picture (Top Right); The blue wire is your remote turn on lead, connects to the amp and to the back of the head unit. Other lead is the phono leads, again plugs into the amp and the back of your head unit.

Third Picture (Bottom Left); As you said, power lead. I would suggest that the end with the plastic thing (fuse) goes in the engine bay.

Any more questions mate, just ask.

RS Meg 175
Awesome thanks people.

Just one thing though the odd looking connector the speaker wire dosent actually fit into the box properly it goes in but wobbles everywere and would fall out easy.

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Just cut the connector off then.
Strip the wire and then attach it to the box that way.
The connectors are on a thread, which reveals a hole in which you put the wire and then screw it back down.
If that makes sense?

RS Meg 175
Ah awesome, the speaker cable connector just unscrews then i pulled the wire out which was stripped anyway so it just screws in now :)

Wish i had my fooking headunit and i could get the lot going! Was out bidded on eBay for a P77MP Pioneer :( lol

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Ah gutted. So have you got everything connected up this side of it (amp and sub etc..)
What made you decide to go for pioneer?

RS Meg 175
Its not connected up but i have mocked it before i get it to the car if you get me?

I love the looks of the P77MP and its got loads of good reviews and people like them on here. Whys that?