ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whiney Gearbox

My gearbox on my 1.2 16v seems to whine a little in 1st gear when im doing high speeds (for 1st gear), with the clutch down and then when i raise the clutch back up, it makes a nasty whine. I dont know if its just the noise the gearbox makes when its being stressed in 1st gear, or whether its knackered (its only done 4000 miles). It may be me being paranoid but ive heard a lot of problems about peoples gearboxes here, and I just want to make sure im not barking up the wrong tree! Thanks, Mike.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Gunner on 13 November 2003

I presume you mean with your Cups gearbox rich, not your missus! :p What happened about it?
Yeah, the gearbox not our Peg! ;)

Basically there was nowt wrong with it, but it made a whining noise in 1st gear (& only 1st) even from brand new, so they swapped it straight away!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Do you recon I should have them replace the gearbox then?
I didnt think mine needed it, as it drove perfectly and was a nice box, but just made that noise.

They swapped it as it was bascially a brand new Cup!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Do you recon I should have them replace the gearbox then?
everything gearbox will produce a small amount of noise just because of the way they are designed.best bet would be to go to the dealer and let them roadtest it with you and see what they think.