ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whistle

hey new member here!

got a clio 172 mk1 and just had it back from the garage after having the idler pulley changed, now when i rev my car it whistles!!!!

anyone elses car do this????

my 182 does that! its only a week old i thought it was because it woz new n stuff hadnt beded in!

[Edited by Binnsy on 16 January 2005 at 10:08pm]

Think mine does this...

It makes the whistle noise all the time not just when reving - Sounds a bit like a supercharger - lol

Dont think its supposed to make that noise though... Im having mine checked out this week hopefully.

Mine does it too, but only when it is revved or while i am accelerating.

I dont know what it is, and its done it since i have had the car. Dont really care what it is as the stereo is usually loud enough to drown it out. ;)

Mine is only a 1.2 though so could be something totally different.

Fiesta Zetec S (for sale)

Quote: Originally posted by phunkey_monkeh on 17 January 2005

My 182 does it aswell under heavy acceleration. I assumed it was the induction whine.
Yeah, mine does it too above 5500(ish) revs. Sounds bloody marvelous too, another good reason to keep the bugger pinned.