ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whistling noise on Cup

I have noticed when i have been putting my foot down that my Cup has been making a whistling sound. It seems to do it above 4000 rpm.

I have checked all the airbox and it seems fine.

Anyone else had this problem or any ideas of what it could be?

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A

yeah kinda...thought nothing of it until you mentioned it.....

great now im worrying :cry:

its ok... its the airbox...

:-D

all cups have it... it is so that you know you are goinng very quickly...

/y0z

Lee

BMW M2C

I took mine out for a spin last night after putting a new air filter in. I switched off the climate and radio for the first time and noticed mine does the same thing.

my 1.2 16v does it! was quite a high pitch whistle at around 4.5 - 5k on the revs. doesnt do it all the time though. i thought it must be some sort of leak of air or pressure, but i havent found out where from yet.

My guess is youve been through Manchester at some point and a couple of ravers have just snook in to the engine bay for a bit of a kip between sessions, dont worry just give em a bottle of water each and point them back toward manchester and youll be fine :p

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 06 January 2004

My guess is youve been through Manchester at some point and a couple of ravers have just snook in to the engine bay for a bit of a kip between sessions, dont worry just give em a bottle of water each and point them back toward manchester and youll be fine :p
LOL Na not been up that way lately.

So maybe there is a turbo charger sitting under there! (runs outside for a look)