ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

white line RARB road car thoughts

BG Clio 182
Any thoughts on fitting a whiteline anti roll bar to the 182 for the road? What will it add? What more will it give in terms of handling and road holding?

172 cup
I put sportline springs on hoping to go do trackdays, but the car still rolled lots too much still, fitted whiteline arb, now corners good, so unless having good set up coilovers then rear arb is a very good choice.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I found not a massive amount when fitting this. Decent tyres, shocks and springs would be more than plenty imo. Although the arbs arnt exactly mega bucks so its worth a purchase even for curiosity

BG Clio 182
I found not a massive amount when fitting this. Decent tyres, shocks and springs would be more than plenty imo. Although the arbs arnt exactly mega bucks so its worth a purchase even for curiosity
I've got cup dampers and cooksport springs and the car handles incredibly, just wondered whether it'd help on the road as I don't track mine. . . Yet.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Imo. If you spent the £150 or whatever they are, fitted it and took it for a spin you would say wow!. Prob to justify the £150. Not being an ass btw, been there done that.

BG Clio 182
Imo. If you spent the £150 or whatever they are, fitted it and took it for a spin you would say wow!. Prob to justify the £150. Not being an ass btw, been there done that.
I trust what you say, you know what you're on about. If it's a waste of time ill leave it and put it towards turboing it .... oops ;) haha

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I've got cup dampers and cooksport springs and the car handles incredibly, just wondered whether it'd help on the road as I don't track mine. . . Yet.

IIRC someone who had cooksports fitted and their unit got advised to remove the whiteline due to it not matching the springs very well.

I have a whiteline with fully adjustable coilovers and imo it's £150 very well spent.

clio mk2 1.4 16v
I would say its the best value mod for the car. Completely changes the feel when turning in, the car feels flatter and i can corner faster due to barely any understeer.
The car now seems to exhibit more of a four wheel slide or oversteer as opposed to the nose running wide.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
IIRC someone who had cooksports fitted and their unit got advised to remove the whiteline due to it not matching the springs very well.

I have a whiteline with fully adjustable coilovers and imo it's £150 very well spent.

Although my car is mainly for track, I have cooksporks and ARB and on the track it handles superb, for £150 it is worth a try if you don't like it you will sell it on for nearly that.