ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White smoke under hard throttle

bg182ff
Ok Guys I need some help my 2002 172 is giving out White smoke under hard throttle but under normal load it's fine it's not using oil or water and when checking the exhaust for s**t coming out on tickover there's nothing I was thinking headgasket but with no oil or water loss that doesn't add up?? Anyone with any ideas?

BG 182
I know the 182 exhausts collect a lot of water (hence rotting so quickly!). Mine does it frequently, but can't see it being as much of an issue on a 172 exhaust.

bg182ff
I toke it out after work for a hour and did roughly 20-25 miles and still had White clouds left behind me mr White scooby almost dissapered! :)

197 FF Glacier White
Head gasket? If it's really bad you have a problem. Checked your oil and expansion tank for signs of water/oil cross contamination? Plenty of white smoke is normal enough this time of year though. Go and get it checked over before you kill it.

bg182ff
The cars been out every day and there's no cross contamination oils a good colour a lil black bt still got a gold tinge to it :/