ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White "Speckles"

This is probably through fault of my own but I need a quick bit of advice.

Gave my car a good clean last weekend, two bucket method with a wash mitt etc.

Used a leather shammy to dry the car off, and all looked well so I set about it with the wax.

I am a complete beginner when it comes to wax etc, so please bear with me!

After applying the wax and "buffing" it off, I noted very small white "speckles" on the paintwork, notably in the areas by the wheel arches, and on the front bumper. I didn't notice this until after I waxed the car. I tried buffing it off, but it appeared to be sealed under the wax?!"

Is this simply a case of me not giving it a good enough clean? Am I applying the wax incorrectly? Or am I simply just inept?!

bg 182
i have this problem just in front of my rear arch i simply just used turtle wax colour restorer, its a black polish instead of white and covers the marks up until it gt dirty or rains :s if your car isnt black you can get different clours btw

Flame Red 172
Have the same on my flame red 172, simply because the wax sits in the stone chips. Because they used a white base coat instead of a dark colour they show more clearly!

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
What wax?
When you buff hard or with a rotary the wax clumps if you put too much on, you then have to scratch it off, buffing it off won't help you.

"Navy" N17 TWO
It's the most annoying thing about the Clio paintwork! :dead:

Respray job and clear protective film to get it "right" Im led to believe :(