ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who’s been done for what

When I was 21 (1997) I overtook two cars on a small straight in between two bends, the road markings where double white lines but you could see about a 1/4 of a mile ahead of you. No problem I thought, unfortunatly one of the cars I went past was an un-marked police car! They threw the lights on and gave chase. A mile up the road id turned off totaly unaware of them giving chase.

The first thing I knew about it was when they came to the house that night and arrested me.

1 year ban and a £1000 fine plus £300 costs!

At the time I was gratful not to go down but looking back I think
I was stiched up by both he police and my brief.

Fu

thats harsh man!

i have only ever been stopped once i was 18 first car etc my (drunk) mate decided it was funny to flash on coming cars with the front fogs and he did it to a copper.

got a producer and that was it:D

sp30
68 in a 50
June 04
3 points and £60 fine

all punishments greatly accepted, and have now made me more aware of my speed

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

went through a amber,, two cars left after me,, pulled me over n did me for going through a red, 3points n £60 oh im 18 btw,, and in two years you can only slip over the speed limit 2 times or any offence ,, british justice ah

At the peak of my criminal career, got pulled over for having fog lights on. Nothing done about it, not even a warning. He basically just said dont piss around or youll get fined. That was at 17, nothing since :)

Kot

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Got a CD30 when i was 19-Driving without due care and consideration and last may got a SP50 for 94 on the M74. Cant really complain as it has improved my driving, just an expensive way to learn.

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

overtaking on unbroken white lines, 90 on the m way & failing to observe a stop sign. learnt my lesson now though, 10 years on and ive had a clean license for 6 years now

getting caught is the crime :devilish:

BMW 320d Sport

Loads of SP30s, in fact almost one every 3-4 years at least, so that my licence has never been clean the whole 13 years Ive been driving. Recently managed to get out of the mediocre realms of SP offences and got a TS10 for running a red light because of a car right on my tail. As usual they didnt care, and theyd rather Id have been rear ended than run a red light - at a totally empty junction on a dual carriageway where you could see there was nothing waiting at all.

Just come off a 28-day SP30 ban for 102 on dual carriageway. Got pulled the other night for supposedly doing 90 on a 60mph A-road, which I definitely was not doing. So Ive always got a few irons in the fire LOL

done for speeding was me not really paying attention went right past a marked car on the a50 to stoke.

also got done for the crossing double white lines but tried to contest it and they just gave me a bigger fine. well nice of them best thing was i made it round the truck before the lines became double still did me.

RB182cup&golf gti

sp30 and 4 warnings over space of 12 yrs.

Most memorable or scary one was coming home at 1am from the exs saw the road ahead clear and lights on green so made a dash for the lights prob was doing in excess of 60 in a 30 when out of nowhere a load of police suddenly appeared on the corner. I slowed down but knew it was too late, the chav big bore on the old ax gave away my speed. Two coppers came speeding after me so i pulled over and luckily escaped with a bollocking, although they did a check on my car and said it had previously been written off. great news!

luketheduck

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 182; Octy vRS 245

Worst I have had is a producer - although I was doing 36 in a 30 so have to be grateful to the cops on that occasion. Just shows what a bit of friendly chat can do.

Although they were blatantly only stopping me to find out if I was pissed - was about midnight on a Friday night.

Shhh

Always pulled over on the bike for number plate cracked, so got it changed then next day same copper pulled me for the wrong size..

Got SP30 when i was 18 for 42 in a 30 as i thought it was a dual carriage way going with traffic.

Passed car test in 2000, been stopped many times for spot checks. Overtook a unmarked 03 Merc on the A19 the other day, only for him to be unable to catch me...and therefore put his lights on...got away as i pulled over before he got to me as i knew he was for me..

Lesson learnt..:)

Ive been pulled a few time for stupid stuff when i was in my first year of driving....speeding....neons...stuff like that. never fined tho.

Its good to get pulled when u first start driving, slows u down and more important of all keeps u aware when theres a copper behind u!!!!

I did get pulled a few weeks ago, twice in three days.......for supposedly no seat belt! But when i showed them my three point harness they looked very embaressed, appologised and let me go!!

my bro had not long passed driving test and took my valver up the road (without me knowing) he got stop for not wearing seat belt and give MY details in!

*** 1 week later he told me and i had 24 hour to produce my docs! - sods law i could not find my driving licence, went Bacon house and they and put me down as non producer---

6 months later, ON MY BIRTHDAY i got a Summoned to the courts - i pleaded guilty and got ~£250 fine and 3points !! CHEERS BRO! lol

[Edited by Clio_Bus on 01 February 2005 at 11:58am]

Clio 200 Cup packed

3 sp30s in 9 months in 1999 wheni 1st got my 205 gti.

id just moved up from my 1st car (mini checkmate) and was 19 years old.

never got any points since, and all gone now, clean licence :)

oh and a couple of fines, one for no seatbelt and one for using mobile, both about 3 years ago...

was banned for 28 days after a court case all because i was doing 74..... in a 40. i was caught doing 91 on the M6 whilst on the way to the Man Utd training ground, caught doing 88 on an A road, let off. Fine for bald tires, fine for dodgy reg plate, fine for fog lights, fine for illegal tints, fine for excess dB at 3am which i got off with and fine for not controlling a passenger. i was also the 2nd gun man on the grassy knole in texas that day.

Quote: Originally posted by Fu Man Chu on 31 January 2005

When I was 21 (1997) I overtook two cars on a small straight in between two bends, the road markings where double white lines but you could see about a 1/4 of a mile ahead of you. No problem I thought, unfortunatly one of the cars I went past was an un-marked police car! They threw the lights on and gave chase. A mile up the road id turned off totaly unaware of them giving chase.

The first thing I knew about it was when they came to the house that night and arrested me.

1 year ban and a £1000 fine plus £300 costs!

At the time I was gratful not to go down but looking back I think
I was stiched up by both he police and my brief.

Fu
Thats bloody harsh. Drunk drivers dont even get that kind of punishment.

Clio 197

1) 3 week ban for 104MPH on M20, near Maidstone - Unmarked car went up my ass, so I put my foot down :confused:. Three years ago now...

2) No points and a 60 fine for 36 in a 30 in Newbury, few months ago. Ill put mugshots in the pics section tonight...

I do a minimum of 30k a year, and have done for four years now.... So far, so good??!

A clio

sp50

in focus on m4....caught 108 by fed with laser...got me 818m away straight road at night

42 day ban 100 quid fine
was 18

[Edited by tr1pp1n on 01 February 2005 at 7:05pm]

BMW 120i Sport

SP30

Coming down the M8 at midnight, not another soul in sight, no cars, no workmen. They had temporary roadworks on the go and a temporary 40 mph limit. I was too busy gassing to my mate (was driving like a priest all the way home at 60-ish mph) when I was nicked by a temporary gatso doing 63 in a 40. Really pssed me off since I was driving so sensibly.

3 points and £60.

LY 200

Been driving since 17 and 2 1/2 years on iv had just 2 7 dayers and they were for driving at 45 in a 30 at after midnight and accelarting erraticly through my local town (in my 1.2 :oops:) only to find around 10 fluro jackets calling me in to grille me when i got round the bend!!!