ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who ’s Youngest owner of each clio

Who s Youngest owner of each clio?

Clio 1.2 = RobFenn (18yrs)

Clio 1.4 =

Clio 1.6 = 1.6 16v (19yrs)

Clio 1.8 8v =

Clio 1.8 16v = Liquid_ICE (19yrs)

Willy = louise (19yrs)

172 = Paul Freemantle (24 yrs)

mk2 172

i know i was the youngest male williams owner, louise was the youngest girl at 19, i got mine when i turned 20.

craggy

i no there are some 10 yr olds with cups too lol

Revels Mum & Sister

1.8 16V = 19 (20 in june) had it 6 months. Not sure of anyone on here is Younger expect so.

i guess i was the youngest new clio 1.2 16v owner at 17, but ive recently turned 18, any challengers to my throne? I think i might be the youngest clio owner here out of anyone though!

Quote: Originally posted by Clio Cup on 24 February 2003

19 - New Boy Cup :)
If you dont mind me asking, Who did you get insured with and how much was it? I want to buy one soon but cant get quotes below 3k! :(

Sorry.... Only been here since December. Its bloody wicked. Might try and get an Type R in July. Doubt it tho. Too much cash

Clio Cup -

Seeing as your an Insurance Man, how can i get insured on a cup, without getting ripped? You know any un-written rules we dont know about, eg a sticker from insurance company to put in window for marketing purposes which will lower premium??lol?? Or any really cheap companies i can try?

Well H.I.C.K are cheap, bear with me a few mins and ill try and find there number. Other than that, not alot really, im still at the beginner stage so dont know to much........................

Clio 1.2 = RobFenn (18yrs)

Clio 1.4 = Fred2001Dynamic (16)

Clio 1.6 = 1.6 16v (19yrs)

Clio 1.8 8v =

Clio 1.8 16v = clean16v (19yrs)

Willy = louise (19yrs)

172 = Paul Freemantle (24 yrs)

Cup = Clio Cup (19yrs)

from my experience all insurance companies quotes are made up in different ways. With some the qoute can become cheaper by adding a parent or a wife onto it. Others adding security onto can reduce the cost but with one insurance company actually added to the price.

Getting the car insured in a parents name can be a lot cheaper, although this only really works if that parent doesnt insure his/her own car in their name. even if the parent has never insured a car before it can still prove to be cheaper. No claims wont be built up but in my case the no claims wherent worth the hundreds more

Keeping the car in garage can also help. the area you life in can also make a massive differnce. a look in maxpower at some example quotes iirc showed about a 30% between inner city and urban quotes. Could this be possibly exploited? Saying you life with grandparents or somet?

Insurance companies i have found to be competative

tesco-excellent for small engined cars with young drivers

liverpoolvictoria-good for mid sized engines typically group 4 to 12

cis-good if you are doing it in a parents name with their any driver policey

mk2 172

dunno but a willy is more to insure than a 172, and i was 20 with no no claims and a claim. i ended up as buying my mum a provisional and being her second driver, still cost 2.5k 3rd party fire theft

My dad has a fleet policy for his company so i put my car on that for 2 months at a cost of £180, for me to insure it myself when I start a new policy in march it would cost me £1290 fully comp with Admiral, I have full private no claims bonus, which is the same as normal no claims bonus but basically built up by driving on a companys insurance policy, all you need is a letter from the company saying you havent made any claims in the time youve driven for them.

I will however be insuring the car in my mums name through elephant.co.uk with me as an additional driver at a total cost of £676 fully comp.

I have 6 points (sp50)

Could insure it in my name but cant see the point if Ill save £500 putting it in my mums.