ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who has an iPod Touch and a uses a mac?

Why? Cos I'd like to know if you get to see your iPod as a folder on your desktop?
I've chosen not to have iTunes start when the iPod is connected, which should in theory (well it does with my gen2 iPod) show the iPod as a folder on my desktop.
Reason being, I'd like to drag some mpeg4 files onto it.
If I do this using finder and drag the mpeg4 files into the movies folder in iTunes, then it doesn't show up in iTunes and doesn't get uploaded to my iPod

I've also restored the Touch as iTunes sees it as a iPhone, which obviously it isn't - but to no avail.

Any ideas on how to get mpeg4 files onto it? I've tried using a freeware program i downloaded called "iSquint" which converts and then imports directly into iTunes, it works but is painfully slow and the video quality isn't too amazing.

Anyone???

106 GTi
I do - it wont show up on the desk top a removable disc, I googled to find out why when I received mine, something to do with the not wanting iphone which the touch is based on to show up as removeable drive and be easily accessed.

Only use it for music here so can't help on the videos.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i have it with a pc so i can't really help on that one sorry.

To do your video conversions for free I use http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod-touch/ and have it on the iphone setting at 768kbps and they are top quality.

I am currently trying out Avex DVD to iPhone though which has a nice simple interface so will see which is better. Not sure if its MAC compatible though sorry.