ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who has driven a Cup on a track

With all this talk about the new 182 cup, I was wondering if any 172Cup owners had actually driven it AND the 172/182 (all marks) on a track?

I know all the differences between the 172 and the Cup, love the Cup, love the 172, let’s not go there again!!

Having put 1000s of miles on both a 172 and a Cup, I honestly cant tell much difference, yeah my 172 is lowered (this could be why they handle similarly) but really is there such a difference on the track??:confused:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Ive driven both the 172 Sport and 172 Cup on the track and yes there is a noticable difference there...

However, a 172 Sport with some suspension tweaks would definately be better and a set of Eibachs would really improve things.

Also driven the 182 Sport (without Cup options) on the road, but driving it hard and fast on some country roads I know and it rolled too much for my liking, so the Cup handling pack is a must IMO.

Looking at a 182 Cup vs a 182 Sport with the Cup handling pack, there will be minimal differences IMO, there just isnt enough of a difference between the 2 models.