ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

who has the most powerful 1.2 16v

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Fred? Or another lad might have 88Bhp...Not sure tho. Im getting mine Dinoed soon...

hey AJRMOTORSPORT, are u happy with your 1k, i got a viper but dont get much induction roar, getting ktr system soon so i dont know whether to keep it if the exhaust will overpower the sound from the ik. can u still hear your ik over the exhaust?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

What IK noice!!!! I can bearly hear by self think with a k-tec exhaust and de-cat...

Im getting a re-location kit soon...

was me (car is now dead), now fred (though im not certain if its still a 1.2 16v), no-one else has had any other figures proven

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 31 March 2004

was me (car is now dead), now fred (though im not certain if its still a 1.2 16v), no-one else has had any other figures proven

Why? Has he had it bored out?

no i believe there may be a few developments in the pipeline, but its up to him to tell people what they are, when he wants to, i can only tease you

There a turbo kit supposed to be in development but how far it is Im unsure it was £1.5k for the kit and that included low compresion pistons which sounded quite good but another £1~1.5k fitment and its looks quite expensive especialy as the box is made of paper.

The 1.2 should make about 105~110hp if you throw abotu £2k at it in cams head work external chip maniflds intake and exhaust work. The Corsa boys have done more with the SXi engines are there about spec so the same potential gains.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Quote: Originally posted by adam nardone on 31 March 2004

All this talk of power increases like this are giving me head rush... Now thats what student loans are for!!!
Toooo right!!!

i know where mine is going, lol

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

im near Fred and the Midlands crew at the minute at University (Coventry)

but origionally from London, (Nr Epsom)

Has

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

heheh, well im on my way down, either tomoro or friday, depending when my parts come in for delivery, back home for a few weeks

were u from?

LOL, at least youll have your car tommorow and Friday... mines in the body shop being colour coded tommorow and Friday... two days without my baby... at least I get to go for a rag friday nite...

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 31 March 2004

we had the same power Mr. Bam!!!!! i pulled 86bhp @ fly

Bam did 18.062 (iirc) and i did 18.069 over the 1/4 mile!!!!!! (i was on 17s!!!)

Yes i am doing something to my car, but the 1.2 engine is going - thats all im saying!!!!

Nissan R35 GT-R

This thread should be titled - who has wasted the most money.

Im sure Ill get flamed for this, but there is no point POWER TUNING a 1.2!

Dont get me wrong, Im all for the exhausts, filters and alloys to personalise the car, but whole power thing is just expense with very little gain.

Saying that - 88bhp out of a 75bp engine aint bad at all :D

Quote: Originally posted by Frosty on 01 April 2004
This thread should be titled - who has wasted the most money.

lol, i spent £500 on that car, and not a penny more :D

not exactly throwing money, just improving the crap set-up reno gave it in the 1st place

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Ive spent over 2K!!!

£690 - O.Z Rims

£500 - Skirts & Painting

£400 - ICE & Interior

£550+ - Springs, exhaust, grill, induction kit, decat, ecoShi*e

+ Other stuff.

Bit of a joke really...And no i agree theres no point in tuning a 1.2...There neva gonna be fast, lets face it...

Nissan R35 GT-R

Ah good - you are all sensible about this - just nice little cosmetic improvements here and there, as well as the odd exhaust here and there.

Its when theres talk of superchargers I start to scratch my head.

The Nova forum could learn a lot from us. LOL.

BTW that silver Clio courtesy car has number plates and therefore is road legal, but I dont know how that is! I dont know how it CAN be road legal with all the power its got. The Cup next door is quivering.

:D

I have the most powerful 1.2. It has got 700bhp at the front wheels. I have got a K&N 57I kit, rear magnex back box nad an ecotech valve, Oh and Chrome washer jets they bring it up to 700bhp.

Ive spent over 2k on mine, i cant really justify any of it other than i just wanted it. But its only money after all..

K20 EG Hatch

ya right there!i spent only money on ktek relocation pipe and on its way to a grand on ice!only had the car a month too!