ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who is your ISP?

I love Lamp
Well I'm with BT and our "up to 8 meg broadband" has been 0.4 meg on good days over the past 6 months and getting bored now! Had engineer out who did a few things and got it up to nosebleed speeds of 4.7 meg! But within a week it was back to below 1! Fed up of calling BT India so who are you with and how do you find it?

I'm pretty sure as it got up to 4+ meg that the line is fine as most providers use the BT line bar virgin afaik.

Cheers

2.2 bar shed.
Odds are its down to a 50:1 contention ratio and a s**t connection to the exchange. Whats it like outside of peak times, say between midnight and 7/8 in the morning?

I love Lamp
Odds are its down to a 50:1 contention ratio and a s**t connection to the exchange. Whats it like outside of peak times, say between midnight and 7/8 in the morning?

f**k knows! Lol I'll try and stay awake or get up early enough to try it tonight. Cheers for the depots we was on virgin before BT but it kept dropping connection lol, we have a good history! I looked at plusnet as they are cheap and a guy at work has just joined them and said good things. The only worry is it being still on the BT line so could I still have the same problem?

Cupra
Have you checked your cabling? I've just ballsed mine up trying to tidy things up a bit. Gone from 120MB to 10MB. FML.

I love Lamp
Yeah mate it's been unplugged, plugged, reset, etc etc so many times over the past few months I've lost count lol had enough with them and BT India fk you off they know knob all and just read lines off the page then say they will monitor it for a week and then it will be fine HATE lol

Had exactly the same problem with BT for 8months+, since changed to Sky and the broadband is alot quicker and saving money too!

Bus w**ker
Virgin Media. Never had any issues with the service.
1176687391.png

Rarely see less. 20mb package.

Suzuki Ignis
Virgin too. Not had problems, except when I downloaded the CS5 suite before 5pm and they capped my speed for 6 hours but that was my fault really.

10mb package

1176694595.png

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
BT

Paying for up to 40, it gets close outside of peak times but during peak times I have to endure this s**tty speed ;)

1176719199.png

Ping aint too bad either :)

I love Lamp
your upload is faster then download lol

I'm glad your impressed lol

The results I got:

Download speed
help.jpg
achieved during the test was - 106 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds
help.jpg
is 50-250 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :1664 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

Lou

I'm with o2 :(

1177795014.png

This is what I get with my 3 mifi though

1177796925.png

Apparently best you can get for my area is 4mb but obviously getting nowhere near with o2.

Clio 172
1177815427.png
TalkTalk never had any downtime problems really happy with the speed, except for the shat router they gave me cant get Utorrent to run very fast :(

Usually pretty good on XBL wireless too.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
I am with 'The Post Office'. Can't complain to be honest. £26 a month for unlimited* boradband, line rental and weekend calls. I live in the sticks though, so this is a 'good' speed as my father in law gets 4.5meg and he lives just across the road.

1178307264.png

I love Lamp
FLOL rung up BT for my MAC code to switch and during the waffle of "we can give you cheaper BB" my BB goes down and won't come on lmao, it's connection too not physical as the hub light is sticking on as orange when normally goes blue or off lol, someone been clicking things maybe?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
FLOL rung up BT for my MAC code to switch and during the waffle of "we can give you cheaper BB" my BB goes down and won't come on lmao, it's connection too not physical as the hub light is sticking on as orange when normally goes blue or off lol, someone been clicking things maybe?

LOL nice, best customer service going! :D

I love Lamp
Who is SW never heard of them? Think I'm going to try plusnet see what happens, once the Internet is back up that is or else throughout the old 3G lol cheeky little beggars they are lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Zen Internet for me. Nice and local (Rochdale) - though I'm right at the limit of the exchange in Bury. Currently on about 1.5MB. No chance of cable here.... :(

D.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I was reading Which? magazine today (I was in a waiting room) and Zen came out on top as it happens.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I'm glad your impressed lol

The results I got:

Download speed
help.jpg
achieved during the test was - 106 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds
help.jpg
is 50-250 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :1664 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

lol :(

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Just signed up for BT infinity. £255 to sign up, 28 a month. But they guaranteed me 33mbps down and 7mbs up....

DCi
I'm with sky, It's about 10mb but they wrote us a letter saying it woudl go up to 20mb (that never happened :/)

otherwise no issues tbh.