ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

who just got a 172

Not trying to Hi-Jack the thread but what size speakers are they in the Clio?

Are you still running the standard Head Unit?

Has it made much difference?

Ive had my sport since 1st November, had it 3 hours before I changed the rear lamps for lexus ones and had a cat back 6 x 4 oval magnex put on a couple of weeks ago. Next I think its tinting the rear/side windows and to change the crap plastic lower mesh for maybe a KTEC stainless one, got a be abit carefull what I do cos I dont wanna mess with the warrenty!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Potster on 23 December 2003

Not trying to Hi-Jack the thread but what size speakers are they in the Clio?

Are you still running the standard Head Unit?

Has it made much difference?
They are 13cm (5.25") both fronts & rears

I was running the standard HU for a while and yes they do sound much better, but Ive now got a new HU & CD changer which sounds even better.

p.s. a few of us are on JBL GTO-526es now and at under £40 a pair they are very good.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 23 December 2003

i bet they were light weight cup speakers :p specially made and painted a funny blue :D
LOL

Ive had mine a whole year now, but it still feels like my new car, if that counts!! ;)

Usually about now Im looking at other cars and wanting them....but the 172 magic is still strong!!!

Its taken me a year to fit lexus lights, alloys, silvervision bulbs, clear repeaters, sony head unit, silver wipers and a ClioSport sticker....and its getting lowered with Eibach springs right now!!!!:cool:

Still to come, a magnex and some window tints!!!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

had mine since the end of oct! so far ive fitted my viper which i love. for the future id consider a chip of somesort and a de-cat and exhaust!

oh i fitted some jbl gto 526s too.

Quote: Originally posted by Ruv172 on 23 December 2003

Ive had my sport since 1st November, had it 3 hours before I changed the rear lamps for lexus ones and had a cat back 6 x 4 oval magnex put on a couple of weeks ago. Next I think its tinting the rear/side windows and to change the crap plastic lower mesh for maybe a KTEC stainless one, got a be abit carefull what I do cos I dont wanna mess with the warrenty!
you already have by putting an exhaust on it. anything cosmetic is ok but you start messing with the engine parts or suspension then renault wont help you if it goes wrong.

Andy putting an exhaust on does not null the warrenty for the engine or any other parts except the exhaust (obviously) and the CAT possibly.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by SilverRSC on 23 December 2003

had mine since the end of oct! so far ive fitted my viper which i love. for the future id consider a chip of somesort and a de-cat and exhaust!

LOL

Youre trying to clone my car... ;)

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Big Iain on 23 December 2003

ne 1 bought a normal 172??
Meeee!!! Got mine on 26th November. Plenty of plans, not done much!!. In fact my only mod so far is a set of silverfusion indicator lamps. In the none too distant future ( depends what cash I have left after christmas!!) I will be adding a Cup spoiler and splitter, upgradind the H/U and factory Speakers, and a bit later down the line(when Ive got some more miles on it) I will visiting HillPower for an Induction Kit and ECU (Stage 1 Kit). But you know what happens to the beat laid plans.......

R

rich[182]

Had car nearly 5 weeks, I had plans to do quite a lot of mods but due to moving house & other finances as well as actually finding myself happy with the standard car Im on a strict budget. Also want to wait until end of winter and when Ive done 2k+ and got through any initial niggly probs with the car

Currently got a pair of alloy front footplates & cliosport tax disc holder

At the mo Im prob gonna do this

ITG panel filter, Hillpower induction pipe, Modded air feed(s) to std airbox

Either K-tec or Magnex cat back zorst

Front indicator clear bulbs

Rear indicator clear bulbs

Cliosport stickers (bought them - just need doing)

Cant decide on whether I want the forthcoming K-Tec zorst with hidden tailpipe - I like the discreet rear end of the std car - Not sure I want 2 big tailpipes sticking out

Also would like rear Lexus lights - but bit pricey, Originally wanted sealed IK + R-Sport ECU but just cant afford spending the £500+ to do it

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 23 December 2003

Quote: Originally posted by SilverRSC on 23 December 2003

LOL

Youre trying to clone my car... ;)

Nah i dont like blue! Its common,not like my silver!!;)#

gets ready to run for cover from Cup owners!!!!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

fitted exhaust and lexus rear lights.on the big save for a group n ecu and a induction filter at the mo.

Jay have you found out if the R sport ecu is warrenty friendly? I have sent off my letter tonight asking for written confirmation of it as I was told on the phone when my ECU was delivered there would be a covering letter stating that it keeps your engine warrenty, but this never arrived....

I will scan letter in and post up as soon as I have a reply.

Burgandy 174 sport t

neil, do u think u have now used £5 worth of valuable info from this forum??? just thot id ask as im a little pissed and have the balls to now ask u this!!! pay the £5 and be part of the gang ffs!!!

p.s im pissed so be gentle in the morn as i prob wont know wat ur talkin about!!!

STELLA STELLA STELA STELLA STELLA HOOOOOOW GOOOOOOD!!!

ANDYSPORT - Checked with dealer first and he said as long as exhaust is cat back only then it wont null the warranty but putting a K&N on will s**t!:(

PS Have also got ClioSport sticker and taxdisc holder of course, yeah for ClioSport :D

Quote: Originally posted by Big Iain on 24 December 2003

neil, do u think u have now used £5 worth of valuable info from this forum??? just thot id ask as im a little pissed and have the balls to now ask u this!!! pay the £5 and be part of the gang ffs!!!

p.s im pissed so be gentle in the morn as i prob wont know wat ur talkin about!!!

STELLA STELLA STELA STELLA STELLA HOOOOOOW GOOOOOOD!!!

I cant afford it.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 24 December 2003

Jay have you found out if the R sport ecu is warrenty friendly? I have sent off my letter tonight asking for written confirmation of it as I was told on the phone when my ECU was delivered there would be a covering letter stating that it keeps your engine warrenty, but this never arrived....

I will scan letter in and post up as soon as I have a reply.
well they look the same from the outside so it would be very unlikely anybody would notice.just make sure if it goes in for a running fault that you refit your old computer-you dont want the dealer to try and reprogramme the group n computer.it will either nacker the comp or the normal road going software would be installed and erase the group n software.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by andysport on 23 December 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Ruv172 on 23 December 2003

you already have by putting an exhaust on it. anything cosmetic is ok but you start messing with the engine parts or suspension then renault wont help you if it goes wrong.
exhaust arent covered after the 1st year so you can put what you want on after that and it wont affect your warranty.

X 200+ cup, now focus RS

pickin up my cup next week and already have some H+R coilovers, single wiper kit, and the magnex with de-cat is on the way!! not bad for sayin it aint even sittin on my drive yet.

Led washer jets and a motorsport sun strip, then I might got for a panel filter, magnex cat back and dastek chip.