ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who runs decat? What and why?

No, many manufacturers use different sleeve/flange joints, and often the lengths are different too. Always best to try and get hold of the one designed for the system you are fitting it too.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Just rang the place i had my system done, they said all should fit as the system is just made upto the standard cat, ther very funny about them and will not fit but hes guna measure up n see if he will suply me one, for of road use only lol

Ph 1 172
got a ktec decat on mine, would only really get it for the noise as its much more raspy. also it got rid of the 60mph drone i get with my ktec supersports exhaust. sounds epic when flooring it though. Its also revs alot free-er top end.

200 cup/Btm'd ph1
Does anybody know how much louder in Db's a de-cat would make a cat-back system. Got a k-tec system now and its about 97-99dbs so id worry about getting so some quieter tracks.

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
Is it totally impossible for a car to pass MOT with a de-cat?
I had a 1990 Suzuki Swift GTi which never had a CAT, I tweaking the fueling/timing in with a colourtune and it passed emission test by a large margin (although I think because it was an older car the pass level was not so stringent?).
It also did over 50mpg, pity the car got eaten by rust :(

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Pretty sure if your car is pre 92 or maybe 91 you dont legally have to run a cat

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
If ur car came withput you dont have to have one, as your car doesnr have one lol, it is illegal and some cars still pass with them, if you have a mate whos a tester you dont need to worry either way

b/g 182, meg tourer
i used to run a decat but the boomyness did my head in.
a yearf later i wanted a better sound from my miltek so i had the centre section removed. its not as boomy inside the car as a decat but it sounds just as loud and pretty raspy from the outside, and you will still pass mot. just another option for you.