ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who wants free suspension

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

As some may know i have been working closely with LEDA recently co-ordinating a suspension group buy. John @ LEDA needs someone to drive to their premises in braintree, essex to have a full suspension kit fitted.

Vehicle details

They need someone with a pre97 clio, any trim but must have 54mm spaced holes on the brackets.

Product details

Its a new innovative product that features an uprated damper which has a standard diameter spring pan on a keyway and allows you to lower/raise the vehicle by moving this up and down and adding spacers under the spring. Its a non adjustable kit in terms of dampening but you can run uprated or even the OE springs. These kits are manufactured by MUKI (Manufacturing UK Italy) and all of the design was done by LEDA themselves. This kit is an excellent product which fullfils a market niche (bridging the gap between uprated suspension kits and full blown height adjustable coilovers) and is focused to compete with the likes of Spax/koni. Kits will be available for the focus, 206, 205, clio and corsa.

Expected RRP is £400 and expect marketing of these kits in magazines etc very soon.

What to do

If you are interested please post below, as you can appreciate this is a fantastic opportunity so its first come first served and also your vehicle must fit the description above and you must also be available for the fitting asap!

Those that arent able to secure this opportunity, but like what you see, keep your eyes peeled as i will be able to offer a discount on these kits for a short time when they hit the market.

Cheers guys

MERCEDES CLS AMG

someone that really gives there car death into the bends would be ideal to test this kit out - no pussy drivers

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

CLIO 1.2/1.4/1.7/1.8 8V/1.9D 54mm stud space

Lou when would you be able to get there for fitting?

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

All i have been told is it must be 97 or before and have 54mm spaced holes.

The williams is not included now go take another look at the leda group buy ;) lol

Lou could you measure the distance between the two bolts (from centre). Also is your car modified at all?

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

what offset are your wheels mate, any problems with rubbing? also when is the earliest u could be available for fitting

182 and 5 GTT

I got 17"s mate, very light scrubbing on right full lock and nothing on the left. Thats on 30mm pi springs. I can do from thursday.

182 and 5 GTT

Rub at the front or back? back catchs if i blag it round a roundabout or take off over a speed bump:oops:! But otherwise its fine

172 phaseII

Quote: Originally posted by White16valver on 12 September 2005
How the hell does that not rub?? LoL

because he drives like my grandpa!

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by rollin on 17s on 12 September 2005

Rub at the front or back? back catchs if i blag it round a roundabout or take off over a speed bump:oops:! But otherwise its fine
lol if it was my car the rear tyres wud have shreaded by now!!! thats way too low to be lowered!!!!

172 phaseII

Quote: Originally posted by rollin on 17s on 12 September 2005
Your sister wasnt complaining mate;)

oi oi, dont high-jack the thread replying with comments like that!
I only answered to the question white16v asked!

182 and 5 GTT

Ive had the arches rolled which really help. But the shocks will be at the front as its torsion bar at the rear so it would be dampers. i think! couldnt really go much lower at the back. Maybe fred could help!

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Right so far its you two then, ill forward your details to leda and check about the wheel situation.

Golf GTI 1.8T

If these two cant, or you need any more, my mate maybe able to, only down the road in halstead too. Hes got a mk1 ph 2 rt, will measure the space later for you.

Mr2 Roadster

Do it to Powellys car, its about time the club gave something back to her and her car is sh*te hot!!!

Not to mention she is local!

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Gary G on 12 September 2005

Expected RRP is £400 and expect marketing of these kits in magazines etc very soon.
not to put a damper on things, lol, but, for that kind of cash, they are not going to sell at all, yes they might be LEDA, but i cant see many people going for those when you can get coilovers for near that money now

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

cheers Brun. The pricing isnt definate as yet and this kit is upgradable to a coilover. More details soon :)

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

Quote: Originally posted by rollin on 17s on 13 September 2005

Powelly should get them. Would finish that car off a treat
looks more like a posers car than a drivers car - I mean this in the best way possible.

If I was LEDA, id want the kit to be used.