ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who's changed a clutch cable??

1 of 19 Recaro'd 182 Cups
I was told its pretty straight forward...yeah right.

Anyway, I've pretty much got the old one off and routed the new one round but 2 hours and seriously scratched hands later I just cant get the old cable out through the bulkhead. I'm scared to cut the end off inside the car and pull it through in case I can't get the new one from the bay into the car.

No matter how hard i pull the cable wont come through the bulkhead grommet....on the inside of the car in the footwell the grommet is plastic (not rubber) and has a spring like mechanism to is whereby you can press it in, let go and it pushes/springs back out. So when I pull the cable from the engine bay side it just absorbs the pressure.:mad:

Any help much appreciated!

BMW M135i
Take the inner cable out of the adjuster mech on the pedal?

The bit you struggle with is getting the outer sheaf plastic retainer out of the bulkhead, i'm not really sure what you're trying to do with the inner still connected?

1 of 19 Recaro'd 182 Cups
Ive unhooked the cable from the pedal inside the car. But when I go the engine bay and try to pull it through the grommet, the round end on the wire cable wont come through no matter how hard I pull...

Or does the wire cable not have to come through the grommet, does the grommet come off as part of the actual cable assembly...

BMW M135i
Grommet comes off the new cable will have one on if you look at it. The cable will quite easily pull through with enough force, its getting the grommet out thats the fun part.