ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who's got after market exhaust on 200 ?

BMW E34 540i
Hi there

Apologies for starting second thread about broadly the same issue but let me ask different way. Here is the previous thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...rformance-exhaust-invalidate-Renault-Warranty

Did any of you installed custom exhaust when car was still on warranty ?

I am asking to find out whether I am the only one around poor enough ;) / paranoid enough to try keeping Renault warranty and modifying the car at the same time ? or those of you who actually amended the car within the warranty just were not bothered with keeping it.

Cheers
Remi

STEALTH RAIDER
Its not about being poor Remi, its the fact thats its a brand new car and you would like the 3 yr manufacturers warranty, same as anyone else really. My 200 has has a recall and a few visits with knocking noises etc and ive cut the original exhaust in 2 places to make way for a custom decat section and also removed the silencer to increase a little grunt. They never said it was wrong but they did say "If you was to have some form of engine/gearbox error with the custom performance parts on the car then the 3 yr warranty would become void, purely because sufficient evidence would indicate that you have altered the cars standard form to increase the power" Depending on the relationship with your dealer, if something does go wrong then they could say to you "Bring the car in with the original items fitted" I have been in both situations before. I have had a custom exhaust on a car and then went in for engine trouble. Because of my good relationship with that dealership, they ignored that it was there and repaired the fault (which was 1st and 2nd gear sync's) On another occasion with a different car, i went in with funny engine noises and straight away they pointed to the custom exhaust to try and point the blame. They politely asked me to put the standard exhaust back on and we will have a look at it for you.

If you have an engine related problem with your Gordini and your local dealership says they wont even look at it because you have changed the original parts, but then wont look at it if you put it back to standard then no problem, just put the original exhaust back on and simply go to another dealership.