ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whos got the most bhp on this site

Fred is supposed to be getting about 220hp from his new engine no idea how its progressing though.

Theres was a mexican (I think) owner who has the kit K-Tec are selling who had ~260hp.

Im sure there was an owner on here from Wales a while back who was having this Clio engine turboed to some massive number (400?) and had loads of work done to it there were a load of exterier pictures of it as far as I remember no idea who though.

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 19 May 2004

Fred is supposed to be getting about 220hp from his new engine no idea how its progressing though.

Theres was a mexican (I think) owner who has the kit K-Tec are selling who had ~260hp.

Im sure there was an owner on here from Wales a while back who was having this Clio engine turboed to some massive number (400?) and had loads of work done to it there were a load of exterier pictures of it as far as I remember no idea who though.
MAXIBOY was supposed to be having around 400bhp.......hmm..he seems to mysteriously disapeared off the face of the planet!

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 19 May 2004

Ave it!!!!!! Its progressing nicely!!!! Nice and expensive!!!!

BMW 320d Sport

Err well mines probably something around 240-250bhp, a bit of a remapping session and some bigger injectors and a 3 bar MAP sensor and Im aiming for 300bhp drag spec this summer. Mine probably has the most bhp/ton that I know of, but there are a few dark horses out there who run turbo Clios as well, so as I dont know their spec or weight I cant say.

If Mike is running around 370 bhp then he obviously claims the throne if its sticking strictly to the question. Wonder what it quarter miles in though?

IMHO nitrous can be counted. At the end of the day its just a mod to get more oxygen into the engine and hence burn more fuel in each cycle...exactly the same as any other engine mod. I used to run nitrous over the quarter mile and its just another way to put some decent times in. You cant deny that it makes more power because it does. And to build, install, maintain and regularly RUN a high powered nitrous system (I was running 50-100 jets on a progressive system) is not a piece of piss if you want to keep your engine running safely. So unless youre talking about a 25hp simple wet system or something along those lines, using nitrous is if anything a lot more hardcore and valid than other ways of making power.

Not that I use it any more, I blew up my engine with nitrous, but Im just saying that until youve put in and run a nitrous system yourself on your own Clio, dont dismiss it as a cheat if all youve seen is the Fast and The Furious :D

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 19 May 2004

why the orange one is only fast due to nos so i wouldnt count that
Partly true but, as Rich D will tell you, it aint too bad without ;)
Aye, even without the laughing gas it is still rapid...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by spirez on 02 June 2004

what is this orange 1.2 everyones on about?
It was a normal little 1.2 Clio, same shape as a mk1 172, but has now been stripped out and had a written off Cup transplanted into it, with a little bit of tuning and NOS, so is rapid!

Quote: Originally posted by Hollister on 21 May 2004

240bhp in a Mk1 Clio
Are the guy who was building that TBd engine for racing with a while back? Effectively williams grp A/maxi spec or something as i remember.....awesome pics if i recall....

Quote: Originally posted by u33db on 02 June 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Hollister on 21 May 2004

240bhp in a Mk1 Clio
Are the guy who was building that TBd engine for racing with a while back? Effectively williams grp A/maxi spec or something as i remember.....awesome pics if i recall....
yeeees, that was me. Well, its my dads car really but meh :/

Unfortunatly it decided to blow itself up after 3 events. We think that number 3 piston was starved of oil (last to be fed)... basically, big end bolt went, conrod puched two perfect holes in either side of the block, crank with lots of big gouges in it etc etc. The head was ok though (except for one of the titanium valves was slightly bent), so the head is now on a different block and it seems to be working ok. The only problem is that now it sounds like a clio instead of a motorbike. Guess thats because the crank is heavier.

Quote: Originally posted by snoozer on 19 May 2004

what about that orange 1.2 that everyones goin on about - i bet that will waste the lot ??

[Edited by snoozer on 19 May 2004 at 2:28pm]

[Edited by snoozer on 19 May 2004 at 2:30pm]

Hmm ;)

Noticed this has been discussed, but he asked who has the most BHP, not whos got the fastest clio

The highest BHP figure.

However i aggre with nickyB & Snoozer, Nos produces BHP, regardless of whether its constant or not its still BHP.

Same issue could be argued with how much boost people run on a track run/daily basis in turboed cars.

So are we talking the max BHP someones car can produce? or are you going to ask "how much bhp can your car produce for more than 5mins"?

Nos is vaild imo

[Edited by ricjax99 on 10 June 2004 at 1:49pm]

[Edited by ricjax99 on 10 June 2004 at 1:51pm]

Nope dont mind :D

Its geared for a low top speed.... i think it would probably only get to 120. In 6th gear 60mph is at 4000rpm, and it should pull to 8k no problem.

In that vid I dont think it ever really went much above 5000rpm..... when it gets up to 7-8k then it really starts screaming.

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 02 June 2004

Quote: Originally posted by spirez on 02 June 2004

what is this orange 1.2 everyones on about?
It was a normal little 1.2 Clio, same shape as a mk1 172, but has now been stripped out and had a written off Cup transplanted into it, with a little bit of tuning and NOS, so is rapid!
Quality.

I bet its taken a few unsuspecting scalps looking the perfect Q car as it does - respect !

Fabia vRS

cant get vid to work, just get loadsa flashing colours n the noise, wat download / add-on do i need to get it working?