ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who's is This 172 with Anthracite'ish Wheels

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!
I've gotta get my wheels refurbed and am thinking of doing them like this:

377789496_337912c351_o.png

Just wondered who's it was and what colour it was called as all the anthracite one's I've seen are a lot darker and I don't really want black but thought the above pic looked quite nice

Cheers

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
yeah reckon thats duttys he sent me a few pics of his car cus i wanted to see what mine would look like and this was one of them.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
yep. it's a 1.2 btw ;)

that's immi's (dutty_112)

my old wheels too.

refurbed by James (JPW172) in Rover Gunmetal iirc

Black 172
I dont know whos car that is pictured above. But, if this helps this is my car. My brother does wheel re-furbs etc he painted my wheels. He will pretty much do any colour you want and he does a really good job. I make a habit of kerbing my wheels so he has repaired them a few times and they look like new every time. He would charge around £100 - £120 i think to paint them.

22062006.gif

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
yep thats definatly duttys. but that lovely lad alan had them aswell

Black 172
Thanks, it does look better in the flesh so to speak ! rather than in that pic. That was just a quick pic to put up in the garage. My bro does alot of wheels he has contracts with a few garages.

Woh! Thanks for all the fast replies! I pick my motor up tomorrow so will be getting the wheels done next week. Need someone in the Nottingham area really. I do like the look of that Rover Gunmetal as its not too dark. Its either that or I'll have them done in the normal silver.

Cheers all!

Thanks for all the replies.

Just got back from picking the car up and I love it. Over the moon with how it goes. Have just come from an 02 plate Scooby STI and was worried I'd not think it 'too sharp' but as its a completely different style of cat etc - it feels superb! Loads of grunt and very surprising how it goes when up in the revs.

Also, I thought the car was just 'black' until I saw it in the sun and I'm pretty sure its that black gold colour? Looks nice IMO.

Only thing I'm unsure of at the minute is a strange noise that only happens when its being gunned at around 5k rpm'ish. Sounds almost like a metallic rattle? Is this a 'feature' as the sales people would like you to believe or is it meant to be fairly 'quiet' all the way through the revs. Its got a full service history and has done 41k miles.

It reminds me of a tensioner pulley on the auxillary belt that went on a vectra I had? I know these should be done around 36k miles so am wondering if its that? Only thing that makes me doubt its that though is the fact it doesn't do it at any other revs or at idle - as they normally squeek constanly when they are faulty.

Any thoughts on this noise or should I accept it as part of its 'charm'?!

Well bugger me! Just come back from an afternoon in it and have convinced myself its coming from the rear.... or underneath ie the exhaust?!

Now I've logged on and the first post is..... 'is it the exhaust'

I reckon it must be.... is it treatable? Looks like I better fire up the search facility....!

LOVE the car though I have to say! That rattle is a bit annoying but not major....but would rather solve it if poss.....

Just read a load of posts on the 4k rattle....not sure if its the same or not as mine doesn't do it until about 5k at least. Although, it more than likely is the same problem ie centre section?

Also, just found out my headlight washers don't work! Changed the fuse too but still don't work.