ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who's managed to get Renault to replace their steering wheel?

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
As above really - mine's all melted and sticky, what are my chances of getting it replaced under warranty?

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
let me know how you get on sm_wrc, and nice one Alias :)

Better get mine booked in, getting peed off with my sleeve getting stuck to the wheel lol

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
As I understand it only under warranty - and even then not everyone has managed to get them FOC I think :(

Mine needs doing too but I'm out of luck on an 02 reg, have a tea towel to put over the wheel now, especially as I use a crook lock.

patty said:
can i get mine done even tho its a 2002 model :(
If you've an extended warently yep.

If you've got low milage its worth a try on the grounds of fit for purpose.

Try ringing Renault Uk yourself see what they say just be polite to them.

my leather had a crease i it. basically it had a raised 'line' right where you hold it.. 20kmiles

replaced under warranty :)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
They changed mine without me even asking, i went to pick it up from a normal service, and they said they had noticed the rubber grips coming loose, so had changed it under warrenty FOC

That was the renault dealership in Guildford (smc i think)

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Went to renault romford today they said bring it in first thing tuesday morning and they will replace it while i wait!!!! could be a long wait .lol

Tangoed Works
eo52vug said:
Went to renault romford today they said bring it in first thing tuesday morning and they will replace it while i wait!!!! could be a long wait .lol

Had the same done at Renault Ilford mate, its only a 35 min wait. Changed without question and preorderd as soon as fault was reported, so no back order delays. Think the leather on the newer ones is a lot nicer too.

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
had mine done about a month ago, only got 3 months left on warrenty and they replaced it without any question, they did ask how many miles the car has done, its only done 22500 miles so it mite go how many miles the cars done?
got the CAT replaced to at the same time on warrenty to!

V

v11ous

i took mine to city motors in bristol and they said no mine a 53 with 18k milage renault uk said no as well they said its wear and tear has any one had thers done in bristol or near bristol also trim is only coverd for 1 year

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
v11ous i had mine done at s j cooks, station road, bristol! loads better than city motors, as soon as i said that it had gone they pratically said yep its covered!
go there and just go to the service desk, mine is a 53 plate!

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
just go in and say that your steering wheel has melted and your grips have split(if they have, mine did really bad!)and u want to no if its still covered on warrenty, the dude at the desk will ask for your reg and how many miles the car has done, tbh i think the fact uve only done 18k should make them change it free of charge! they didnt hesitate when i said the same! and mines done 7k more than your! good luck mate!

v11ous said:
i took mine to city motors in bristol and they said no mine a 53 with 18k milage renault uk said no as well they said its wear and tear has any one had thers done in bristol or near bristol also trim is only coverd for 1 year
Mine is a 2002 reg 52 plate one this was 6 month ago ad it was done.
Get the Renault dealership to ring Renault Uk and explain to them they will autorise the chnaging under warenlty.
Trim is covered for 1 wear but sine if its fails as quick as they do then its not fit for purpose so is covered under the sales of goods act.

Leon Cupra 300
i got mine done no problems... did while i waited in 5 minutes.. and that is a literal 5 minutes too. :D

Clio 172
My left grip has 'popped' and both sides of the leather have melted. Dixons in Hull say they wont replace it and want to charge between £350 and £800 depending what colour I want! Ripping off b@stards!

My 172 is a 53 plate with warranty for another month. Done nearly 31K.

Any advice guys?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
downs523 said:
couldnt get mine done and its an 04 reg!!! they were having none of it, f**king tw*ts

If you live near lougborough, phone 01509 213030 ask for renault.

Or get back to your dealer, tell them 'not fit for purpose' ala trading standards!!!!!!!

Give renault cust services a bell & give them some s**t also.

Don't let them fob you off.

aurora123 said:
My left grip has 'popped' and both sides of the leather have melted. Dixons in Hull say they wont replace it and want to charge between £350 and £800 depending what colour I want! Ripping off b@stards!

My 172 is a 53 plate with warranty for another month. Done nearly 31K.

Any advice guys?
Tell them its not fit for purpose and get them to contact Renault Uk with pictures.

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
mines a 2nd hand 02 plate and its creased along the top and the right hand side rubber has blubbled up and peeled away.

£7 halfords steering wheel cover for me

Clio 172
Been back to the dealer. They told me to phone Renault so they could advise the dealer what to do. Just had a call saying the dealer advised renault the damage was due to wear & tear and therefore not covered by warranty.

Anyone a clue how to resolve this?

LY 200
eo52vug said:

Thats who my warrenty is bound to iirc......Are they any good down there???

Engles Mummy
Renault Harlow done it without question! Along with - Engine mounts, clutch, gear box, spark plugs, two front seat sub frames, exhaust and much much more :)

Clio 172
Well I'm still getting nowhere with this. The dealer is insisting it's down to wear & tear. I've argued that a steering wheel should be able to last longer than 30K but they wont change their opinion.

I just got back from another local dealer and they are going to call me back. He said because I don't have the car serviced by a renault dealer the warranty will be invalid! I thought that wasn't allowed these days?

My cup went in for service jan of this year, approx 30K miles on a 53 plate, commented that i really didnt think the steering wheel should be quite so grimey and yuky already, n when i picked it up next day they had automatically replaced it along with rear shock (leaking) and centre exhaust (rattling). Well pleased. It was the dealer i bought the car off and theyve always serviced it, so they may be being a lil kind so if i eventually change ill buy of them again but who knows

Now at 40K and keeping an anxious eye on it...lol